Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nap time.

Options
  • 17-07-2008 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

I just took a 20 minute nap at work and feel all the more better for it.

Who else here is man enough to nap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Napping in the office toilets is for pussies...real men nap on their bosses desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Wertz wrote: »
    Napping in the office toilets is for pussies...real men nap on their bosses desk.
    I napped on my own desk, I jerk off on my bosses desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I napped on my own desk, I jerk off on my bosses desk.
    Nah that's no good. What you want is a big dirty shit on your bosses desk. Show him who's boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

heheh...:D

Na never really nap tbh, I'd just wake up 3 hours later with the whole office standing around and the boss about to shout at me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I prefer to take nap while driving. Helps on boring journeys.

• Advertisement

I knew a guy that fell asleep at the top of a ladder once...seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Who else here is man enough to nap?

Me!!So many hiding places in work...15min power nap and im sorted!:p

anniehoo wrote: »
    Me!!So many hiding places in work...15min power nap and im sorted!:p
    Hahaha, just laughed out when I read "POWER NAP".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Wertz wrote: »
    I knew a guy that fell asleep at the top of a ladder once...seriously

I knew a guy who fell asleep on his moped while stopped at the side of the road, he fell off into the road. We were looking out the window cos we knew something was gonna happen! He must have had narcalepsy or something ... he was eventually sacked for constantly falling asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

...theres a sleeping forum for this sort of thing.

• Advertisement

...theres a sleeping forum for this sort of thing.
    This is After Hours power napping, normal people wouldn't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Naps really are underrated as a sleep pattern.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Monday morning nap in the server room ftw... Warm and cosy...

\|||/
    (-_-)ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I nap on my cushiony chair either between 7 and 7:30 or 3 and 3:30. I've done it quite a few times in this new job. Need to make it regular though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Lol, I always call them 'power naps' as well, and for good reason too. Getting 10-20 mins sleep when you're absolutely knackered can seriously make a big difference to your day!

I used to over indulge on the oul' power naps in my last job though. I'd aim for about 6 hours sleep the night before work, then when at work I'd nip out to my car and go asleep on the back seat with a blanket over me for a couple hours. In a round about way I was getting the correct amount of sleep!

...Them were the days... !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Sherifu wrote: »
    Nah that's no good. What you want is a big dirty shit on your bosses desk. Show him who's boss.

So what you're saying is he should do it on his own desk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

Oh yeah.. I've had to come up with some quick answers in the past to explain myself so just in case you get caught napping here are some you can pull out of the bag..

1. They told me at the blood bank this might happen
    2. I wasn't sleeping. I was trying to pick up my contyact lens without my hands
    3. (raising head) "Amen."
    4. I was testing the keyboard for drool-resistance
    5. There was a bug in my eye and i was trying to suffocate him
    6. My eyes were on "screen saver."
    7. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stess. Do you discriminate toward people who practice Yoga?"
    8. "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm."
    9. The mailman flipped out and pulled a gun so I was playing dead to avoid getting shot.
    10. This is just a 15-minute powernap - like they raved about in the last time management course you sent me to.

I don't subscribe to the idea of naps...if I go to sleep I want to stay that way for at least 6 hrs...nothing as disorienting for me as falling asleep for 30-60 mins at some point in the day and then having to get back into the swing of work and such. Anyone who needs naps during the day to perk them up isn't getting their proper night time rest IMO...

BTW monkeyfudge, this guy wasn't narcoleptic...just a lazy fecker...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

In my first office job, this (really hot, skimply dressed) woman was training me in on a computer system at my desk. She was resting her chin on one hand as she used her other hand for typing etc. Despite mini faceman trying to get me to check her out, i kept my eyes on the screen. Then i noticed she stopped typing. I turned and looked and she was fast asleep.

So i got up from my desk, went to the jacks and came back. She was still asleep! Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

While I wouldn't nap at work (unless I was on a proper break) I am in favour of napping. And here's why:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I used to power-nap from time to time but it made it difficult to get to sleep at a normal hour, so I cut it out.

Advertisement