Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Custom M3

Options
  • 07-08-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Pikes Peak starts on Sunday, just thought this was an interesting video to share on one of the smaller teams competing. This M3 certainly put a smile on this guys face :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

its like feeding a king of the jungle with tofu and organic salad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

its like feeding a king of the jungle with tofu and organic salad...

A diet of tofu and organic salad would probably be good for the king. Less likely to have high blood pressure and in turn less likely to have heart disease. He'd probably be a leaner and fitter king :) In this case 2 X 11inch Warp motors = 700HP.

A diet of tofu and organic salad would probably be good for the king. Less likely to have high blood pressure and in turn less likely to have heart disease. He'd probably be a leaner and fitter king :) In this case 2 X 11inch Warp motors = 700HP.

700hp for how many minutes? 15? i bet its is a fat bastard too after all those batteries, tofu and organic salad

700hp for how many minutes? 15? i bet its is a fat bastard too after all those batteries, tofu and organic salad

It's a race car purpose built for Pike's Peak. I'm not sure what you're getting at? To me it seems as relevant as discussing the fuel economy of an F1 car going from Dublin to Galway.

It's a race car purpose built for Pike's Peak. I'm not sure what you're getting at? To me it seems as relevant as discussing the fuel economy of an F1 car going from Dublin to Galway.

i am getting at that it is bastardised M3. it will barely able to do any sort of distance specially in racing conditions. if it can do some range i bet it is as heavy as an elephant thx to all batteries.

and the main thing - IT SOUNDS LIKE A vacuum cleaner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Batteries are great. Sure my electric bike can do 60km to a charge with light pedalling. It's also a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My human powered bike can go a lot further, probably faster and it's much lighter. :)

Batteries hav their place but not to power my cars and bikes. (apart from my eh, car battery... You know what I mean)

I posted about this before a few months ago, but here's a few other EV competitors.

Monster Tajima

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/05/21/monster-tajimas-electric-pikes-peak-attack-vehicle-revealed-w/

tajima-pikes-peak-electric-racer-628.jpg

TMG P002

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/08/toyota-latest-to-announce-electric-entry-for-pikes-peak/

tmg-ev-p002.jpg

Older P001 doing a lap of the Nurburgring

Should be interesting to see how the EV competitors fare!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The torque figures from electric motors are great right from the get go which would be great for hill climb but the weight is still a bit player.
    When the batteries get lighter I'll be more interested in them.

Advertisement