Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought Domain - What Next?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 4:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Ok so I have bought a webdomain a .ie one and want to get a simple webpage up and running. I was thinking something easy like Pluck or somethign very easy. I have no hosting organised yet or anything and I registered with register365 and I have bought and paid for the domain but I wonder will they come back to me with more info or details on what to do next.

I haven't a clue about webdesign or a bit but snapped up the domain when I saw it was available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

You would need to contact them to let them know that you want hosting with that domain.

They will then email you with control panel details, and using those you can set up whatever you need (PHP support, databases, email mailboxes, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

...or just to add to this, you could go and buy hosting and then update your details (nameservers) with register365. Hence you don't necessarily need to buy your hosting at register365.

Once you have hosting sorted you can upload html files (pages) and away you go.

Advertisement