Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random assortment of questions

Options
  • 20-02-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hi so now I know what van I'm getting (1976 vw T2) I'm starting to think about what needs doing with it and I'm a complete novice so hopefully some of you guys can help.

Can anyone reccomend a good vw accessories site for silly things like stickers, peace sign insignias and also one for more practical stuff like lights, cookware etc?

What would you guys consider essential bits and bobs for a van? The van only has a two ring gas cooker in it which I like I don't really think a fridge or sink if necessary and prefer having more cupboard space. I already thought about little led lights but what else do I need to be relatively comfy?

Also is it possible to make your own wall and door panels just by using plywood rather than forking out on pre made ones? If anyone have a link for the measurements for a 1976 T2 bay window van it'd be great. I'm going to be seriously broke after this so got to save a few quid anyway I can.

I'm getting my mum to make me curtains, we're going for yellow gingham, again if anyone has a link for a sewing pattern/measurements or knows them off hand it'd be handy as we aren't getting the van for a month or two and I'd like to have them made and ready to go. Also I forgot to check how the curtains are hung in this model, is it a regular rail with rings?

I asked my mum if she'd be interested in doing seat covers (front single and double for the back) but she reckons that'd be a pain so can anyone reccomend somewhere to get blue ones that aren't too pricey and at teh same time will look ok? I don't really want to get custom made ones as I'm on such a budget but sure I can get the upholstering done properly later when moneys not so tight and just have the covers for now. I had a good look around but I can only find black, grey etc. ones.

Also if anyone has a link to a good reliable second hand parts/accessories website apart from ebay it'd be great!

Thanks for any replies in advance, this probably seems like a bit of a daft post but I really have no clue whatsoever what I'm doing here and I can't afford to make mistakes. If anyone else has any random bits of advice for me it'd be very mcuh appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement