Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bills

Options
  • 22-08-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

We have recently moved into a house in mid June, bills are still in owners name as yet, is it important or make any difference who's name the bills are in, I will be paying them though

Any advice would be helpful please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I would not be paying anyone elses bills that is for sure. Did you take any reading on the meters when you moved in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You should have taken readings of the meters when you moved in, and then open accounts in your name. From then on, they would be your bills, for your usage.

Depends on how it's working?

In my place the bills are in the LL's name but they arrive at the address and we open them and pay them he doesn't even see them so there is no way we can be tricked or anything.

It's suits us down to the ground as its a houseshare and people come and go so it's a right hassle if the gas or ESB are in a housemates name and if it had to be changed around all the time as I've experienced in a previous houseshare.

On the other hand if you are being asked for the money without seeing the bills etc then I wouldn't be so trustworthy and would want proof of the amounts etc.

Personally I'd prefer to leave them in the LL's name if I was you to save on the hassle of changing it over and then back when you move out but only if I was getting the bill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement