Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

tommyhaas wrote: »
    No of course not, because it wouldn't have hurt. Being pushed in the face doesn't hurt unless there is exceptional force. There wasn't, and it wouldn't have hurt

Carrick over reacted, and he may have done so to win a free, or to get the ref to card him, but either way he still grossly exaggerated the impact with the result being Wigan were unjustly reduced to 10 men. There was no need for him to hold his face like that

If ya get caught near the ear, it can make your ear ring and it can hurt. Carrick just walks away massaging the side of his face. He doesn't even make a plea! Giggs and Evans are the ones holding their hands up.

You're just fishing here. It was a ridiculous red card. A free out and a yellow at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lol at Carrick on the sending off; ''He's been a bit unlucky there''

Well perhaps he wouldn't have been so unlucky if you hadn't held your head as if you'd just been elbowed in the face there Michael. It was the Skrtel-esq reaction that got him sent off

People are replying to your post very politely. He got an unintended slap/hand/fling in the face he's entitled to hold his face after it. No fúcking way should Carrick be blamed for the sending off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If ya get caught near the ear, it can make your ear ring and it can hurt. Carrick just walks away massaging the side of his face. He doesn't even make a plea! Giggs and Evans are the ones holding their hands up.

You're just fishing here. It was a ridiculous red card. A free out and a yellow at most.

Get caught? That implies he was hit or similar, he was pushed. I don't for a second believe that it would have hurt. I agree, he didn't appeal, possibly because he was too busy holding his face

And no, I'm not fishing. I deliberately referenced a Liverpool player doing similar a few weeks ago when I brought it up so as to be balanced. Now if you chose to take justified criticism of a United player as fishing, to be honest that's your problem and not mine

Had Busquets, Nani, Drogba or Suarez done similar, they'd have been heavily criticised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

8071ae0e19c7f55f00e8cbe379b10287-getty-507902602.jpg

Over-reacted? He's just rubbing his face. He's hardly gone full-Busquets. Obviously, it was the wrong decision and it'll be overturned but it's not Carrick's fault.

Enough for me...
    night folks! Will be back on for the Blackburn game.

Trilla wrote: »
    People are replying to your post very politely. He got an unintended slap/hand/fling in the face he's entitled to hold his face after it. No fúcking way should Carrick be blamed for the sending off.

He was pushed in the face. Not slapped.

I just think his reaction was exaggerated and unnecessary. Its impossible to say whether or not the reaction influenced the ref, but there was no need for it

J. Marston wrote: »
    8071ae0e19c7f55f00e8cbe379b10287-getty-507902602.jpg

Over-reacted? He's just rubbing his face. He's hardly gone full-Busquets. Obviously, it was the wrong decision and it'll be overturned but it's not Carrick's fault.

That photo shows nothing. Are you honestly saying that as soon as he was pushed, Carrick just rubbed his face?

Get caught? That implies he was hit or similar, he was pushed. I don't for a second believe that it would have hurt. I agree, he didn't appeal, possibly because he was too busy holding his face

And no, I'm not fishing. I deliberately referenced a Liverpool player doing similar a few weeks ago when I brought it up so as to be balanced. Now if you chose to take justified criticism of a United player as fishing, to be honest that's your problem and not mine

Had Busquets, Nani, Drogba or Suarez done similar, they'd have been heavily criticised

He was hit. Not of jaw breaking proportions but you CAN'T have your hand up that high. He certainly wasn't looking for a red card for Sammon. A free kick would have been ore than justifiable!

If Busquets, Nani, Drogba or Suarez had a similar reaction, they'd deserve a pat on the back for just staying on their feet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I just think his reaction was exaggerated and unnecessary. Its impossible to say whether or not the reaction influenced the ref, but there was no need for it

Who are you, Mike Tyson or something?

He got hit in face he just turned away. Ref got decision wrong. Have a Kit Kat.

That photo shows nothing. Are you honestly saying that as soon as he was pushed, Carrick just rubbed his face?

He stumbled, put his hand to his face and walked away. Didn't plead or look for a card.

Watch it:

http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.com/2011/12/video-conor-sammon-red-card-vs-man.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You have absolutely no idea about how much force was behind the push, how much it caught him off guard, the angle it came from, how much impact he felt or absolutely any variable of it at all.
    Without any of that info how can you say a face rubbing was an exaggeration? Not going to ground, not pleading to the ref, nothing. Some rubbing that Ive done worse to a simple itch before.
    Youre just talking bollocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This argument is retarded.

Man this most be contender for stupidest argument of the year award.

fecking hell..

I can't believe someone went looking for a reason to blame a United player for that sending off when it was refereeing incompetence. An incompetency compounded in giving a penalty for a challenge outside the box when there were two better shouts for penalties earlier in the game in challenges on Hernandez.

Who are you, Mike Tyson or something?

He got hit in face he just turned away. Ref got decision wrong. Have a Kit Kat.

No. I just react like a normal person. There's fook all impact in a push, hence no need for him to hold his face
    He stumbled, put his hand to his face and walked away. Didn't plead or look for a card.

Watch it:

http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.com/2011/12/video-conor-sammon-red-card-vs-man.html

I watched it again, and again I fail to see why Carrick held his face. I'm not comparing Carrick's reaction to that to Busquets etc, but it was still exaggerated
    You have absolutely no idea about how much force was behind the push, how much it caught him off guard, the angle it came from, how much impact he felt or absolutely any variable of it at all.
    Without any of that info how can you say a face rubbing was an exaggeration? Not going to ground, not pleading to the ref, nothing. Some rubbing that Ive done worse to a simple itch before.
    Youre just talking bollocks.

He was holding his face ffs, not doing a Roy Hodgson. Regarding the impact etc, could you not say the same of any tackle or challenge? Should we simply not discuss any of these events?
    This argument is retarded.

Yea, yea, because anyone criticising a United player for theatrics in here is either pushing a retarded argument or fishing

No. I just react like a normal person. There's fook all impact in a push, hence no need for him to hold his face

I watched it again, and again I fail to see why Carrick held his face. I'm not comparing Carrick's reaction to that to Busquets etc, but it was still exaggerated

He was holding his face ffs, not doing a Roy Hodgson. Regarding the impact etc, could you not say the same of any tackle or challenge? Should we simply not discuss any of these events?

Yea, yea, because anyone criticising a United player for theatrics in here is either pushing a retarded argument or fishing

Ah stop the lights, your cracking me up here.

It must be slow enough old news day in world of football.

I can't believe someone went looking for a reason to blame a United player for that sending off when it was refereeing incompetence. An incompetency compounded in giving a penalty for a challenge outside the box when there were two better shouts for penalties earlier in the game in challenges on Hernandez.

Went looking for a reason? I thought it was the wrong decision, and that the reaction was unjustified. Whether you agree or disagree, it was a fairly prominent moment in the game, and didn't take much looking for
    Man this most be contender for stupidest argument of the year award.

fecking hell..
    Ah stop the lights, your cracking me up here.

It must be slow enough old news day in world of football.

If you don't agree fine, but your above posts are just childish

Went looking for a reason? I thought it was the wrong decision,

I agree
    and that the reaction was unjustified.
    It's hard for us to tell but I don't think the reaction is over the top by the standards of today's game. I doubt Carrick thought that it was gonna be red
    it was a fairly prominent moment in the game

Agreed

If you don't agree fine, but your above posts are just childish

Would not say childish, more WTF moment.

Its normally a natural reaction to pull your hands to face when get hands or arm or whatever into your face.

If people blame Carrick for sending off then you pick out United for anything.

I have seen the blame for United with them all now.

Common sense is needed, honestly.

• Advertisement

I agree

It's hard for us to tell but I don't think the reaction is over the top by the standards of today's game. I doubt Carrick thought that it was gonna be red

Agreed

By the standards of today's game it was probably par for the course with the way others carry on. That doesn't justify it though IMO
    Would not say childish, more WTF moment.

Its normally a natural reaction to pull your hands to face when get hands or arm or whatever into your face.

If people blame Carrick for sending off then you pick out United for anything.

I have seen the blame for United with them all now.

Common sense is needed, honestly.

He held his face, he didn't merely touch it. I wouldn't describe that as the usual reaction, no

As for seeing blame in Carrick implying I automatically pick fault with United, well that's not true as what I've said in the racism thread for example contradicts that assumption. But don't let that get in your way of assuming all criticism of United is unjustified

By the standards of today's game it was probably par for the course with the way others carry on. That doesn't justify it though IMO

He held his face, he didn't merely touch it. I wouldn't describe that as the usual reaction, no

I'm gonna agree to disagree here coz I wanna go to bed. :)

Just after seeing it on Football First again and it was a fairly hefty palm to the face.

Still not enough to be sent off.

Phil Dowd's performance in the game seriously needs to be looked at by officials coz it was terrible.

As for seeing blame in Carrick implying I automatically pick fault with United, well that's not true as what I've said in the racism thread for example contradicts that assumption. But don't let that get in your way of assuming all criticism of United is unjustified

Yes of course he held his face he got a belt to face, what did you expect.

Ref made total balls of decision and it changed the game somewhat from United maybe winning by no more then couple, to hammering unlucky Wigan.

Never said all criticism to United was unjustified, but this is one them them that makes me laugh.

Roll on Blackburn.

Yes of course he held his face he got a belt to face, what did you expect.

Ref made total balls of decision and it changed the game somewhat from United maybe winning by no more then couple, to hammering unlucky Wigan.

Never said all criticism to United was unjustified, but this is one them them that makes me laugh.

Roll on Blackburn.

A belt in the face? He wasn't belted in the face

Utd would have still won, I'm not disputing that here for a second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So what is your point then?

Nobody is saying that it was a red!

It's clear Carrick didn't over react and the ref made a balls of it!

Sammon made contact with Carricks face...I don't see the issue with him rubbing his face after that!

Well whatever ya want call it clumsily challenge, a little smack to face, a dig, Innocent clash of his arm............................still seemed normal action to to place hand to face...

Hope Sammon is not suspended over it. Did not even warrant yellow in my book, but still felt sorry for poor Carrick on end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

People being harsh on Phil Dowd. You try refereeing while pregnant with twins.

:pac:

kmart6 wrote: »
    So what is your point then?

Nobody is saying that it was a red!

It's clear Carrick didn't over react and the ref made a balls of it!

Sammon made contact with Carricks face...I don't see the issue with him rubbing his face after that!

My point is, as I have said, that Carrick's reaction was exaggerated, and that I thought it was ironic that he claimed that Sammon was a bit unlucky

His reaction wasn't to rub his face, it was to hold his face for some time
    Well whatever ya want call it clumsily challenge, a little smack to face, a dig, Innocent clash of his arm............................still seemed normal action to to place hand to face...

Hope Sammon is not suspended over it. Did not even warrant yellow in my book, but still felt sorry for poor Carrick on end of it.

It wasn't a smack or a dig, he pushed him in the face

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lol at Carrick on the sending off; ''He's been a bit unlucky there''

Well perhaps he wouldn't have been so unlucky if you hadn't held your head as if you'd just been elbowed in the face there Michael. It was the Skrtel-esq reaction that got him sent off
    wrong
    Paully D wrote: »
    So if a 6 foot, 13 stone professional athlete pushed you in the face with his hand whilst you were both going full steam battling for position, you wouldn't hold your face?

It obviously would have hurt a bit. Carrick held his face for a second or two which is a normal reaction and then got on with things.

right
    My point is, as I have said, that Carrick's reaction was exaggerated, and that I thought it was ironic that he claimed that Sammon was a bit unlucky

His reaction wasn't to rub his face, it was to hold his face for some time

It wasn't a smack or a dig, he pushed him in the face

dude i normally don't mind your posts but you're talking sh-ite. He got a belt in the face, not enough to do alot of damage but definitely enough to make you feel it. It's not like Carrick was just standing there, and 'tiny' Connor Sammon brushed lightly as a summer breeze upon his cheek.

Also why don't you complain about Alcaraz chopping down Hernandez for a blatant penalty, or did Hernandez rub his ankle too long. Oh wait, it's because you're looking to make something out of nothing, right... got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Sammon isn't 13 stone, not even some rugby players are 13st.

I think Mourinho will take over from Fergie, if Utd won the league this season I think Fergie might pack it in. Mourinho has the personality for Utd.

Chelsea were doing well when he walked away.

He's 11st 11lb according to the Wigan profile...still doesn't make him a small guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

fergie sold his soul to the devil.

Eh what?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Tommy you're a good poster, but this is bollocks tbh, grossly exaggerated, lol, he rubbed his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Smalling.......Rio....Vidic.......Fabio

Fletcher..Jones..Anderson..Cleverley..Young

......................Owen..................

That's a starting XI of players out with injuries/illness as of today. (Evans in goal. :pac:)

Can't remember this kind of bad luck with injuries before. Madness.

No, you've got it wrong...Rio's 5th choice keeper then Evans ha!

PIG's injured though isn't he so could stick him in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

shangri la wrote: »
    fergie sold his soul to the devil.

Yeah, to the red devils

manutd_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Rise above it guys.

On the game, i thought there were some lapses early in the first half allowing Wigan to saunter through the defence or get easy crosses in. That needs to be tightened up sharpish (along with getting Ferdinand/Jones/Smalling back), but that's to be expected with a Carrick/Evans partnership. Overall though, i thought Evans was good and another clean sheet under his belt will give him plnety of confidence. Long may it continue.

Is Evans definitely out for 2 weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

I wondered how long it would take for someone to come on and blame Carrick for the red card. I thought it would be a lot sooner though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

“Andy Carroll will be rubbing his hands together. I bet he can’t wait for Stewart to arrive.

Carroll will get 20 goals a season, easy, just on our Stewart’s crosses.”

Downing's Dad in the summer after his move to Liverpool was announced.

Downing- Goals-0 Assists- 0

Carroll- Goals-2 Assists-0

• Advertisement

double GG wrote: »
    “Andy Carroll will be rubbing his hands together. I bet he can’t wait for Stewart to arrive.

Carroll will get 20 goals a season, easy, just on our Stewart’s crosses.”

They've rarely played together, when they do and they're used to each other, it'll probably work out well for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

PIG's.??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i dont think he is injured at all, just him and fergie fell out. he probably will leave in the transfer window.

good, i wonder what back 4 we will have for city :(

Owryan wrote: »

PIG's.??
    PIG is pole in goal, aka Tomacz kucscczsczsack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

i dont think he is injured at all, just him and fergie fell out. he probably will leave in the transfer window.

good, i wonder what back 4 we will have for city :(

Surely Rio, Smalling, Jones will be back by then?

If I'm not wrong they will return against Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

double GG wrote: »

Wrong forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Another Fact I just seen is that Rooney has played 1386 minutes in the Premier League and he hasn't got a single Card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Surely Rio, Smalling, Jones will be back by then?

If I'm not wrong they will return against Blackburn.

fergie is hoping smalling and jones will be, the are only sick, not injured.

rio has had a set back, a back injury :eek::eek::eek: that could be 6 months, going on previous :(

would expect maybe rafael to get a game against blackburn,

rafael jones smalling evra wouldnt be bad and hopefully then we have evans and rio back fresh for city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I can't understand how you lot can have a result like that with the injury list you have. Just goes to show how effective SAF is, I suppose. Credit to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Time for me to plead my customary case for Berbatov to start every game, four goals in two games, two of which were real quailty.

He should start against Blackbur Rovers. Quality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement