Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any super road tubes deals floating around?

Options
  • 25-01-2015 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭

Stocked up on continentals ages ago on a css deal but reaching the end of my stock now. Any wallet friendly multi buy deals going?

Comments

I saw halfords have a deal going in store, 5 tubes for 12.50 (I saw it in Naas). There are a number of 10% off vouchers on top of that with a group scheme. Haven't used them myself but that's as cheap as I've seen tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

You will do well to better this bulk-buy in Halfords

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/cycling-parts/inner-tubes/halfords-presta-bike-inner-tube-700c-x-18-25

Mix & Match - Halfords Inner Tubes*

*Buy 2 for €7.49, buy 3 for €9.99 buy 5 for €12.49. Discount applied in basket

Available online and in stores

I use them, they're fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

231425676?$prod_main$

:)

Coming from continentals and having bought cheap before I'd be wary of doing so again. Are these really ok or just "get you out of a bind" sorta thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

They're fine. I only do 100km p/w or so. Others may feel different. They hold air, they go round..... I don't ask to much of my tubes, and don't pretend to be able to distinguish between good and bad as long as they fulfil the above two requirements.....

You pays your money, you takes your chances.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I've had no problem with decathlon tubes. About £1 a pop. Delivery is £4.95 so good value if your ordering other stuff. They've good value cages and shorts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Thanks for the heads-up. I picked up 5 from my local Halfords this evening. No group scheme discount though as another offer is already applied according to the cashier. I didn't push it as €1.25 was not going to break the deal for me. 5 tubes for €12.49 from a bricks & mortar - happy out!

Advertisement