Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

34 days to xmas but 30 til the end of the world?

• 21-11-2012 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

ok who believes in the mayans prediction the world will end this year?

because i want be the first to pm you a happy new year message in 2013 :D

nostradamus another wánker, what has he ever predicted? everything that seems to have happened. how people can decipher his mumbo jumbo to historical events shocks me.

The millenium bug, yup we got out of jail there :rolleyes:

When all our planets lined up and the earth was ripped apart, i must have slept through that one, fair play whoever peiced the earth back together, big thanks :)

Quarn code, bible code... yawn! trying to make some very boring books interesting me thinks :p

Scientists... the ozone layer is our grandchildrens problem not ours, anyways i heard one of BP sponsored scientist say its all scare moungering like zombies or testicular cancer, its not real :cool:

the danish ancient Norse beliefs suggest the death of the ash heralds the end of mankind...

actually isn't there something happening with ash trees at the moment? :o

anyways why such obsession with the end of the world? :confused:

* Possible thread belongs in ranting and raving

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Don't forget SARS, that was going to kill us all.

Or at least make us turn Japanese, as one song had warned us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

davet82 wrote: »

nostradamus another wánker, what has he ever predicted? everything that seems to have happened. how people can decipher his mumbo jumbo to historical events shocks me.

When all our planets lined up and the earth was ripped apart, i must have slept through that one, fair play whoever peiced the earth back together, big thanks :)

Quarn code, bible code... yawn! trying to make some very boring books interesting me thinks :p

Scientists... the ozone layer is our grandchildrens problem not ours, anyways i heard one of BP sponsored scientist say its all scare moungering like zombies or testicular cancer, its not real :cool:

the danish ancient Norse beliefs suggest the death of the ash heralds the end of mankind...

You tell us, already a few threads on this.

You forgot these ones:

:pac:
    :eek:
    :mad:
    :(
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

10 days to December - can we leave the Christmas threads until then please?

My calendar runs out on 31st December so that's when the world will end.

Although I thought the same last year and it didn't, strangely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I for one welcome the end of the world. Maybe the next one won't be as sh!t as this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The Mayans never predicted the world will end in 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

The myans used a different calander then we did; and they don't account for leapyears. So if I'm correct according to them, then the world should have ended a good few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Probably the same people who believe in astrology and the like. Or the ones who watch Psychic Readings Live on TV3, but not for its comedic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

There is another way to view this "end of the world" thing: the World (our everything) travels one-way in Time. Therefore, the World which existed when I started this drivle is gone forever. The Mayans and even that loolah with the sandwich board are right. The World is constantly ending but we probably won't even notice!
    On a similar (but not really) topic, I also have a solution to the Creation vs. Evolution debate: A day is the time it takes for the Earth to complete one revolution. In the beginning, shortly after Big Bang, an Earth revolution might have taken 24 hours or 24 million of what we now call years. Six days (six Earth revolutions) could have taken billions (or RTE millions) of what we now call years, loads of time for God to make all of this stuff.
    Feel free to PM me for any more solutions to Life's mysteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Quagmire77

The Mayan culture disappeared long before their calendar ended.....never predicted that sh*t!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

You forgot these ones:

:pac:
    :eek:
    :mad:
    :(
    ;)

damn i nearly had a full house :)
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    10 days to December - can we leave the Christmas threads until then please?

in all fairness its not the most festive of threads :pac:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    My calendar runs out on 31st December so that's when the world will end.

Although I thought the same last year and it didn't, strangely.

Thats going on my list too :D

The Mayans never predicted the world will end in 2012.

The History Channel says otherwise ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Yeah the mayans could predict the future and still died out . Talk about waste of magic powers .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

So no need to buy prezzies?

And if anyone questions, take it up with the Mayans mofo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If it takes Armageddon to deal with Geordie Shore and The Valleys, Ill welcome it, and wish the very best of luck to the next civilisation in getting it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Larbre34 wrote: »
    If it takes Armageddon to deal with Geordie Shore and The Valleys, Ill welcome it, and wish the very best of luck to the next civilisation in getting it right

Armageddon not needed, I find my remote control is very effective at dealing with these shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I suggest you go home and take the iodine pill that our govt gave to us, and you'll feel better about things in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

The Snipe wrote: »
    The myans used a different calander then we did; and they don't account for leapyears. So if I'm correct according to them, then the world should have ended a good few years ago.

In fairness, if they had the foresight capable of predicting the end of the world, i'm sure they could have found out that we'd be using leap years aswell. In fact... they probably factored that into their equation so we are all actually buggered afterall! :pac:

I suggest you go home and take the iodine pill that our govt gave to us, and you'll feel better about things in the morning.

probably best i take my prescribed medication :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Orgy at my house. The rents will be gone on Holliday.

Be grand like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Armageddon not needed, I find my remote control is very effective at dealing with these shows.

Its like a tree falling in the woods, just because you turn them off doesnt mean they arent still breathing, thats the bit I have a problem with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

And so many people spent a fortune on chistmas presents once again? Well...maybe as a sacrifice to the ancient gods :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

remote viewing tibetan oracle predicts we will go through 2 weeks of no electricity or communication and that we will be saved by et's before we kill ourselves by nuclear termination.

http://brazilweirdnews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/2012-in-previsions-of-oracle-of.html

it's amazing how western society dismisses all these predictions but the eastern world (less educated) believes in them.

:D:):mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

BrensBenz wrote: »
    There is another way to view this "end of the world" thing: the World (our everything) travels one-way in Time. Therefore, the World which existed when I started this drivle is gone forever. The Mayans and even that loolah with the sandwich board are right. The World is constantly ending but we probably won't even notice!
    On a similar (but not really) topic, I also have a solution to the Creation vs. Evolution debate: A day is the time it takes for the Earth to complete one revolution. In the beginning, shortly after Big Bang, an Earth revolution might have taken 24 hours or 24 million of what we now call years. Six days (six Earth revolutions) could have taken billions (or RTE millions) of what we now call years, loads of time for God to make all of this stuff.
    Feel free to PM me for any more solutions to Life's mysteries.

The earths rotation slowed down to 24 hours it was as fast as 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

M5 wrote: »
    The earths rotation slowed down to 24 hours it was as fast as 3

Oh well, back to the drawing board for me!
    Just so I'm clear, the sequence was Big Bang, Earth (and Sun) formed instantaneously and already spinning at 3 hours per revolution / day, gradually slowed to 24 hours per revolution / day? So God really had just 18 hours (3 x 6) and not 144 (24 x 6) hours to make everything? Wow! I was always a fan but now I see that God is 800% better than I thought.

I guess my theory on the World constantly ending is also flawed?

BrensBenz wrote: »
    I guess my theory on the World constantly ending is also flawed?

you're probably as right as the mayans ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

If it hasn't already been said. WooHoo sums. Is the answer 4? It is isn't it? Deadly. First dibs on the selection box. I'm gonna go for the Crunchie.

Aah,no fair.

All's fair in selection boxes and war.

Happy Chrimbo all.

Choco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

The History Channel says otherwise ;)

Since when did the History Channel showing anything of "fact" in the past few years.:cool:

• Advertisement

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Since when did the History Channel showing anything of "fact" in the past few years.:cool:

eh that show Ancient Aliens for example...

FACT!!

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

29 days until Winter Solstice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

All these fools who think the world is gonna end in December are gonna have some panic in the last few days to get their Xmas shopping done :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

first, i will not be doing my xmas shopping until the 22nd dec.

i first need to get a candle blessed by the church, with 2 other boxes of them, a container of water to last 2 weeks, a portable gas heater for cooking and a cool box to store food in, a torch and a supermodel to get me by for 2 weeks!

to be honest, i do feel something will happen on the 21st dec.don't know what it is but something, i can feel it.

has anyone heard about the 3 pyramids lining up with the stars on the 3rd dec in 2012 as well?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Wouldn't it be just mad if it did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

finally! we'll see an end to this recession.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

the Mayan long-count calendar has rolled round 4 times since 01 AD. There is an unusual alignment this 21st of Dec though, pole shift at worst

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20484590
    'Doomsday' rumours hit French village of Bugarach

25 November 2012 Last updated at 09:03 Help
    A French village is preparing for an influx of mystical groups who are convinced they will escape the end of the world in 2012.
    Rumours have been circulating since 2010 that the village of Bugarach, with a population of 200, will provide shelter from an impending Armageddon.
    This is expected to be on 21 December 2012, the end of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the ancient Maya calendar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Have you been in any shopping centres coming up to xmas? It already is the end of the bleedin world!

Ush1 wrote: »
    Have you been in any shopping centres coming up to xmas? It already is the end of the bleedin world!

Never on a Saturday, I buy on-line or during the week in the morning.
    I can see what I'm looking for then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Its just another money making scheme. Im hearing ads on the radio about
    an 'End of the world disco'

There'll be end of the world sales in the shops too, watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Every civilisation in history (except the Mayans) has believed the end of the world was iminent. We're no different. Expect some bible loon to crack some hidden bible code in the few couple years and predict another armageddon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Never on a Saturday, I buy on-line or during the week in the morning.
    I can see what I'm looking for then.

Yeah I try and get all my stuff online. More difficult telling that to the missus when she just loves shopping centres at xmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

the ozone layer is our grandchildrens problem not ours, anyways i heard one of BP sponsored scientist say its all scare moungering like zombies or testicular cancer, its not real :cool:[/SIZE]

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Is there gonna be a thread on this subject every day til Dec 21st now?!?

This was already explained in a previous thread, the world is not ending people!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81686607&postcount=6

tinkerbell wrote: »

This was already explained in a previous thread, the world is not ending people!

they're bound to get it right eventually :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Y2K was the end of it all...............this is all just a dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

tinkerbell wrote: »

Yeah, but this is the 13th time of the calendar roll, unlucky for some, and all that stuff ;)

Told you so! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Right, so nothing happens when we roll over to the next b'ak'tun.

I betcha the end of the world is actually when we roll over into the first Piktun.

Everyone, take a quick break, stretch your legs, have a cup of coffee, and we'll all meet back here for the real apocalypse on October 13th, 4772.

Advertisement