Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking near Knock Airport?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Any advice on parking near Knock Airport?

Using google maps I can see there is a type of industrial estate down the road from the Airport, with ASBIS signage with parking spaces.

Photo of spot

Do passengers use this spot, does the business tolerate this?

Alternatively cars are also parked off-road near the roundabout before going into the Airport, any opinions how safe this is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Ireland West Airport Knock offers over 1,500 accessible car parking spaces for short-term and long-term parking at excellent rates" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

biko wrote: »
    "Ireland West Airport Knock offers over 1,500 accessible car parking spaces for short-term and long-term parking at excellent rates" ;)

Yes!, but for whom? It cost about 80 Euro to liberate the car after two weeks and also had the privilege of contributing an extra twenty Euro as a local tax in order to get on the plane, which was not mentioned on the tickets.

Decided that was my last time going to Ireland(rip-off) West airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

biko wrote: »

It does but i'm interested in the alternatives in the vicinity! And specifically what people think about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Park in Charlestown and get the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

The 10 euro charge is for the upkeep of the airport and has nothing to do with the airline hence the reason it wasn't mentioned when you purchased your ticket. Bar parking in Charlestown the only option is to use the airport carpark.

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    The 10 euro charge is for the upkeep of the airport and has nothing to do with the airline hence the reason it wasn't mentioned when you purchased your ticket

:confused: Nobody has mentioned that 10e fee, it's irrelevant to thread.
    statto25 wrote: »
    Bar parking in Charlestown the only option is to use the airport carpark.

Imo that doesn't seem to be the case...

Imo that doesn't seem to be the case...

The industrial estates would be private property. Do you know anyone in Charlestown?

The industrial estates would be private property. Do you know anyone in Charlestown?

No where would do people park?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭3mm

Most people park in the car park ... Alternatively you could park at any of the stops which the bus goes to and get that .

No where would do people park?

In Charlestown? There's a public car park on Main Street and another across from the church but you're probably better to park on the street as there are cameras everywhere around the Square

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Any advice on parking near Knock Airport?

Using google maps I can see there is a type of industrial estate down the road from the Airport, with ASBIS signage with parking spaces.

Photo of spot

Do passengers use this spot, does the business tolerate this?
    Have parked there whilst me and the lads went to a stag. But there was only one car, and we parked it on the far end. There's no "no parking" signs. T'was only for a weekend, though. If you leave it there for a week, I'd say it'd get moved/clamped/"borrowed".

But why not get the bus to the airport? I'm sure there'd be one from Galway for cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nellykelly

Hi all
    Im flying in Aug. We live in Westmeath so will need to drive to Knock.We flew from Knock last year.No problem with the 10 euro each for the development fund but really would like a less expensive option on the parking as we are parking for 2 weeks.All suggestions welcome

nellykelly wrote: »
    Hi all
    Im flying in Aug. We live in Westmeath so will need to drive to Knock.We flew from Knock last year.No problem with the 10 euro each for the development fund but really would like a less expensive option on the parking as we are parking for 2 weeks.All suggestions welcome

Just park in Charlestown and get the bus or TAXI up. There is a number of Hotels in Swinford Kiltimagh and Claremorris that have parking and provide transport to the airport.

Or simply get the Bus from Westmeath to Charlestown and onto Knock.

Yes!, but for whom? It cost about 80 Euro to liberate the car after two weeks and also had the privilege of contributing an extra twenty Euro as a local tax in order to get on the plane, which was not mentioned on the tickets.

Decided that was my last time going to Ireland(rip-off) West airport.

The "local tax" as you call it is what is used to run the airport. You pay for Dublin and Cork through general taxation even if you don't use them. Not forgetting Shannon that you give an enormous amount of money in taxation every few years with each bailout they get.

At least in Knock you only have to pay for the airport if you use it.:)

Car park charges are car park charges as n every airport. There is alternatives as i posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nellykelly

Just park in Charlestown and get the bus or TAXI up. There is a number of Hotels in Swinford Kiltimagh and Claremorris that have parking and provide transport to the airport.

Or simply get the Bus from Westmeath to Charlestown and onto Knock.

Thanks v much for all the advice.Tried working out bus route that was what I was going to do only we are flying at 11 in the morning so no bloody bus.Any idea where is safe to park in Charlestown as in are there any carparks I could book into? I will check out hotel parking too!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

nellykelly wrote: »
    Thanks v much for all the advice.Tried working out bus route that was what I was going to do only we are flying at 11 in the morning so no bloody bus.Any idea where is safe to park in Charlestown as in are there any carparks I could book into? I will check out hotel parking too!

I doubt hotels will accomodate you unless you are staying there.
    By the time you pr1ck around parking in a random spot in charlestown and spend money on a taxi there and back you wont have saved much out of the 70 quid it is to park at the airport for 14 days.
    http://www.irelandwestairport.com/toandfromairport/car_parking.aspx

Advertisement