Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

if he gives away that much room on sunday and lets donegal in to open space we will be in trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

God... Page '51....Is it a sign?? Close the thread:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

eddiem10 wrote: »
    God... Page '51....Is it a sign?? Close the thread:D

61 years to the day on Sunday.

Both referees from Laois.

Fianna Fail in power

Come on Mayo!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

61 years to the day on Sunday.

Both referees from Laois.

Fianna Fail in power

Come on Mayo!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/09/andy-murray-wimbledon-champion-fred-perry

Last time GB won an open in the Tennis was 1936.
    Andy Murray won the open in 2012.

On Sept 23rd 1936 the AI was contested between Mayo and Laois.
    A certain Henry Kenny (RIP) played that day.

Mayo came out as winners of the AI, their first.

yop wrote: »
    On Sept 23rd 1938 the AI was contested between Mayo and Laois.
    A certain Henry Kenny (RIP) played that day.

Mayo came out as winners of the AI, their first.

September 27th 1936 you mean? Spanish Civil War had just broken out. I remember it well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

All ireland in 1951 was 23rd september ref from stradbally laois, 2012 on 23rd september, where is the ref from? :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mayo.mick wrote: »
    All ireland in 1951 was 23rd september ref from stradbally laois, 2012 on 23rd september, where is the ref from? :D

Dublin :D

Brolly on Radio 1 giving out about Mayo again. Never heard him give out about the Ulster teams for the same tactics

Brolly on Radio 1 giving out about Mayo again. Never heard him give out about the Ulster teams for the same tactics

Who????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Video of the Swinford Seals planting the Mayo flag on top of Mount Errigal Co. Donegal 18/9/2012. They will be interviewed on RTE Radio 1 John Murry show tomorrow morning between 9-10. Fair play to ye lads :cool:

http://vimeo.com/49797596

• Advertisement

lord but brolly is some p1rick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Anyone know where I could watch the semi final vs Dublin? Wouldn't mind having another look at it before the final, but don't have it recorded and can't find it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Some nice defending from them, which they'll need to do on Sunday:

They might learn from what Dublin did in the league against them, although Donegal have come a long way since then:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

naughto wrote: »
    lord but brolly is some p1rick

Just listened to it on the RTE website

He is just babbling on about Mayo's tendency to foul to disrupt the flow of the game, he seemed half asleep, and uninterested in talking about anything else regarding the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I think someone should shove a brolly up Joe's chimney to stop this sort of trolling and trying to influence the referee.

Donegal are no angels in the 'tactical fouling' department either, what did he expect Mayo to do when Dublin were coming at them, hand out bouquets of flowers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I think someone should shove a brolly up Joe's chimney to stop this sort of trolling and trying to influence the referee.

Donegal are no angels in the 'tactical fouling' department either, what did he expect Mayo to do when Dublin were coming at them, hand out bouquets of flowers?

Before it was "Mayo are too weak and easy going"..
    Now it's the opposite. He's a poor Eamon Dunphy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ToWinJustOnce

Very Dangerous this nonsense both the comment regarding the cynical fouling and the referee being the most important person on the pitch being challenged by a "neutral" pundit over the next few days. Specifically regarding the multiple "half tackles" by a number of Donegal players any any one time not being called as fouls.
    Mickie Harte referenced this during the cork Donegal game

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Aidan O Shea ....hamstring....really hope it's BS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

km79 wrote: »
    Link?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Were the team around Castlebar today? Nearly sure I saw AoS, if it was him then he seemed fine.
    That's the only reassurance I can give.. Hopefully it's a non story.

ColeTrain wrote: »

Were the team around Castlebar today? Nearly sure I saw AoS, if it was him then he seemed fine.
    That's the only reassurance I can give.. Hopefully it's a non story.
    Hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

MayoForSam wrote: »

Donegal are one of the masters when they need to be at tactical fouling and Brolly knows this. Kevin McStay should come out and critize the donegal hand passing and their pack tackling when the main player stands legally in front of the player in possession but the 2nd and 3rd cause incidental contact and the player in possession is foulded but usually gets a free against him as he cant play the ball. Some refs give frees but most dont

The other thing I notice with them is I feel about 90% of the time they foul the ball when hand passing.

That said I also think they can be lethal if they are given any space to play or get their tails up. Mayo cant afford to vanish like they did against Dublin as the Donegal forwards I think are supberb and will get Goals.

Anyway good luck to Mayo. As I said before I think this is the best Mayo side in 20-25 years and if Mayo get a good start they can win this match. Think this could be a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

****. Where you hear this??

****. Where you hear this??
    Darragh O Se said on the last word that there was a rumour doing the rounds to that effect. I've seen or heard nothing about it anywhere else

Well one benefit of being in the final is the rich ream of print that gets produced about the county. Here's an article (don't mind the title) about Mayo's best players down throughout the years - Mayo's nearly men

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nephinbeg

Darragh O Se said on the last word that there was a rumour doing the rounds to that effect. I've seen or heard nothing about it anywhere else

Hogan Stand mentioned it was tweaked but that he should be available for selection

is this one of those rumours thats just but out so donegal hear it.id say its a load of sh1te myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Nephinbeg wrote: »
    Hogan Stand mentioned it was tweaked but that he should be available for selection

HoganStand leaked a tweak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

A Waterford man here hoping that Mayo can do it on Sunday. Hope the players can pull a massive performance out of the bag for 70 minutes. To mangle another metaphor its time for the bridesmaids to put on the white dress for a change. Gwan Mayo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement