Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor bird

• 25-09-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

A little bird just flew smack into my window.
    He is on the ground but appears he can't get up.
    Poor little bugger is catfood waiting to hapen as there are lots of them around.

He is black/blue with an orange face and a blue beak.

:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Probably stunned, catch him and put him out the way untill he's recovered enough to fly.

Picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Usually no big deal and they recover quickly. If it's still stunned pick it up and put it on an open box with an old towl or something in the base. It should come around.
    The Orange face and Blue beak has me baffled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

The little fellah was gone when I came back from lunch so I hope he flew rather than being chomped.

Only got a crappy pic from phone.

You can take it as 99% certain he flew off. Looks like a fuzzy Swallow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is there anything you can get to stop them from doing this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

I take it you dont have curtains? Trouble is the sky is often reflected in the
    window and they just think it is open space, try a net curtain it stops the reflection
    and they can see it is something solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Also any type of sticker on outside of window should break up the reflection. Some people put silhouettes of birds of prey, but I understand anything will do.

EUR 2.20 from Birdwatch Ireland...try this link... http://shop.birdwatchireland.ie/birdwatchireland/product_info.php?products_id=114

There have been ongoing studies of window strikes for several years now and the cause is not so simple. There seem to be many reasons birds hit windows and it's not all to do with reflections (although it is a major cause). Preliminary results show window size and if there is an apparent passage through the building are factors.

Here's a short summary of some surveys by BTO:
    http://www.bto.org/gbw/science/BT42_6-7LR.pdf

Advertisement