Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second-time around wedding question

Options
  • 17-04-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm a young 55-year old getting married for the second time later this year. I'm known for having a good sense of style usually. I've bought a long, lace, champagne wedding dress, slim-fitting with no train. I'm delighted with my choice and excited about the imminent arrival of the dress.
    So why am I feeling a bit shaky about my decision? I want to look elegant and stylish....but I don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb! I chose a 'wedding' dress rather than any other style as I wanted to look like the bride rather than just another guest. But, to be honest, I wouldn't want anyone saying 'she's a bit old to be wearing a wedding dress' etc.
    I appreciate that it's my day, and I can wear what I want.....but I'd be interested in your comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I think your dress sounds amazing. And you're obviously a woman with a good sense of style. A wedding is no better reason to go all out for a bride. I don't see why second time around shouldn't be your chance to shine. Once you're happy and comfortable in your dress, it doesn't matter a damn what anyone things. I didn't have a church wedding and more than one person was surprised that I went for a full on wedding dress with a train and veil, they thought non church weddings were more casual. But you're the bride, wear what you think you'll look and feel great in.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Hi and thanks so much for that lovely, supportive reply. You're right, I'll look great and feel so special, and it's my day....so I why wouldn't I ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

tony glenn wrote: »
    Hi and thanks so much for that lovely, supportive reply. You're right, I'll look great and feel so special, and it's my day....so I why wouldn't I ?

Go for it :) and have everything the way that you want it .
    My mother got remarried 6 years ago and she wore the lovely ivory dress and had exactly the wedding that she wanted and it was amazing .

Thanks! I'm feeling great about the whole event now.....and feck the begrudgers LOL !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

It sounds beautiful, have a lovely day :)

• Advertisement

We will !!!! And even more so after these responses x

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

You'll never please everyone. So do it your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Your dress sounds stunning, you will look wonderful on your special day. Don't worry about what other people think. The people who make mean comments like that are unhappy in themselves. It is their problems not yours.

Congratulations on your engagement and have a wonderful marriage.

Wow, I'm feeling better and better with each message! Thanks to all of you for your positive replies...and have a Happy Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Why wouldn't you wear a wedding dress sure aren't you the bride! Your dres sounds stunning, and once you feel like a million dollars that's all that matters!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Your dress sounds lovely, long lace, slim fitting, champagne, it just conjures up mental images of beautiful timeless elegance.

I'm sure you will be radiant, I hope you have a great day!

Advertisement