Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert Nokia CK-7w handsfree car kit for iPhone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

You can connect to the nokia kit via Bluetooth. And just get a car charger. I think yoU press and hold the nokia button for about 5 / 10 seconds and then the device should pop ip in Bluetooth menu.
    There was a long thread about it about 6 months ago. I'll try find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 baldeagle

Thanks, but i'm looking to charge my iPhone... and play music through the car radio speakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

baldeagle wrote: »
    Thanks, but i'm looking to charge my iPhone... and play music through the car radio speakers.

In that case I doubt if there is a cable that will replace the Nokia one with a iPhone one on the cradle , unless you can make a custom one ?

If there is and you find or make one ? , I will be your 1st purchaser .:)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I was looking for one of these things as well but could not find anything. Gave up the hunt a while ago and bought a handsfree kit off ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dialacom

Hi there ,

I assume you have sourced something by now , but the best kit on the market at the moment for Ipod is the MKI 9200 - Have a look at the following link - charges the iphone and quality of sound is fantastice as it is connected to your exisitng car speakers - also a bluetooth hands free ...

http://www.dialacom.ie/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=59

Hope this helps.

T

Hi,

I have a Nokia CK-7w handsfree car kit (preinstalled when car was purchased) and was wondering if there's any 'adaptor cable' that i can replace to allow me to connect the iphone (where normally you could connect/charge your Nokia)?

Basically, i'm looking to see if i can replace the CA-27 cable (one end an RJ connector and the other connects to Nokia phone) with an RJ to iphone cable?

http://pinouts.ru/PortableDevices/ipod_pinout.shtml

http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-Nokia/nokia_ca-27_cable_pinout.shtml

Am i mental in thinking this exists?

Otherwise, i'll be getting the TomTom car kit to allow me to 1) listen to music from iphone over car stereo and 2) have the added bonus of an additional GPS receiver (in the TT car kit) http://store.apple.com/ie/product/TX529ZM/A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mikadublin

Hi Mate

just wondering if you ever sourced the cable, looking to do the same ?

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Marou

I have just bought a car with the Nokia CK-7W installed. I can connect with my iPhone via bluetooth and works fine. My issue is that the car also has a Nokia cradle which is redundant at the moment. Has anyone been able to convert one of these for use with the iPhone???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you cannot get a nokia cable to connect an iphone and play music.
    one option is to connect over bluetooth for calls.
    then get an FM transmitter with built in charging cable for the music streaming.
    Marou wrote: »
    I have just bought a car with the Nokia CK-7W installed. I can connect with my iPhone via bluetooth and works fine. My issue is that the car also has a Nokia cradle which is redundant at the moment. Has anyone been able to convert one of these for use with the iPhone???

just take the cradle out and unlpug the wire from the little black box, then buy a universal holder for the phone, or window mount etc whatever takes your fancy.

navigon-car-kit_270x272.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Get a Nokia, or change the car. Simple:D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

I have the same issue I'd love to get resolved.
    Have a mercedes with the controls on the steering wheel. There is no bluetooth on my car kit just an old Nokia cradle.
    I know there is a Bluetooth thing you can put into the cradle but its very pricey so was looking for any cheaper options

Anyone find a solution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Surely there must be a way of altering the original cable to accept an iPhone one? I would imagine its pretty much the same wires (data and power) and once the wires are reconnected up properly it should still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

antodeco wrote: »
    Surely there must be a way of altering the original cable to accept an iPhone one? I would imagine its pretty much the same wires (data and power) and once the wires are reconnected up properly it should still work?

No there isn't, any more than there is a way to connect a Sony or Samsung or HTC phone to a Nokia car kit by direct connection.

What goes up and down the wires is a proprietary Nokia conversation, no other manufacturer's phone will work.

The car kit was manufactured by Nokia to work with Nokia directly attached phones or any Bluetooth phone. The base unit will not talk to a directly wired iPhone, even if you could find a cable to connect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    I have the same issue I'd love to get resolved.
    Have a mercedes with the controls on the steering wheel. There is no bluetooth on my car kit just an old Nokia cradle.
    I know there is a Bluetooth thing you can put into the cradle but its very pricey so was looking for any cheaper options

Anyone find a solution

http://www.viseeo.com/ sell compatible Bluetooth adapters for Mercedes cars.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

coylemj wrote: »
    No there isn't, any more than there is a way to connect a Sony or Samsung or HTC phone to a Nokia car kit by direct connection.

What goes up and down the wires is a proprietary Nokia conversation, no other manufacturer's phone will work.

The car kit was manufactured by Nokia to work with Nokia directly attached phones or any Bluetooth phone. The base unit will not talk to a directly wired iPhone, even if you could find a cable to connect it.

Of course! I totally forgot about the software side of things and own compression/coding!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gkoky

Can someone help me with this problem? I have an iphone 4s and a Nokia CK-7W car hands free, my problem is that everything works fine like hands free phone calls etc. The strange thing is that I can play my voice memo's through the blue tooth but it will not play anything out of my music folder or streaming radio. Some times I like to play some music from my iphone but it will not Bluetooth, yet the voice recordings play fine!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

gkoky wrote: »
    Can someone help me with this problem? I have an iphone 4s and a Nokia CK-7W car hands free, my problem is that everything works fine like hands free phone calls etc. The strange thing is that I can play my voice memo's through the blue tooth but it will not play anything out of my music folder or streaming radio. Some times I like to play some music from my iphone but it will not Bluetooth, yet the voice recordings play fine!

Have you got a Bluetooth streaming radio?

The ck 7w doesn't do music streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gkoky

kceire wrote: »
    Have you got a Bluetooth streaming radio?

The ck 7w doesn't do music streaming.

Thank you Kceire, I don't know about the "streaming radio" but why wont music from my iphone play? where music will play from my voice memo folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

gkoky wrote: »
    Thank you Kceire, I don't know about the "streaming radio" but why wont music from my iphone play? where music will play from my voice memo folder?

Nokia CK 7W doesn't support A2DP, which is a requirement to stream music through bluetooth.

You will need Some thing like Parrot MKI series if you want to listen iPhone music, other cheap alternative is if you have cassette player in car, get a adapter for 10 € in halfords which will work great.

Advertisement