Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung smart tv, not so smart...deleted all my apps.

Options
  • 07-01-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, does anyone know what's going on with my 'smart' tv, I had it up and running, apps downloaded, have been using it no problem for the last week. Turned it on this evening and all the apps had disappeared. It's claiming that it's not connected to the internet or saying there's a network interference, but my internet is fine (it's UPC fibre optic broadband) and all my other gadgets are going grand. I downloaded RTE player again and it won't play the videos either.

Any help/suggestions would be great!
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Well we have a similar problem here and I was blaming my 7 year old.
    My apps had disappeared and I have downloaded most of them
    Again but they seem to be jumbled up as in if I select Netflix, I get RTE player and so on.
    Is there a way to reset factory settings on the tv and just download everything again?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Ok I have just done an update on the tv and all seems normal. Thankfully .

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Hmm, same thing happened on my set yesterday....a bug maybe? Was getting network errors when I tried to download my apps again, which has thankfully resolved itself somehow...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

everything in our hub got deleted tonight. ran an update on it as is normal and then everything disappeared.

looks like its happening to a good few people. wonder is it related to UPC issues that was happening on XBOX live last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Exact same issue. Internet via landline so not just UPC. Worked for 6 weeks perfect until last weekend. Could Samsung servers be overloaded since sales?

• Advertisement
Advertisement