Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Many DJ's Live Sets to download...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Vitalic - 'Valletta Fanfares'

This is absolute quality.
    Has this been released on 12" yet
    (i know Fanfares has, is this a remix?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Vitalic - 'Valletta Fanfares'

This is absolute quality.
    Has this been released on 12" yet
    (i know Fanfares has, is this a remix?)

I don't know what Valletta Fanfares is. It seems to be just a few seconds of the drum intro to "Fanfares", but with Kraftwerk - Boing Boom Tschak acapella over it.

Which part of the mix do you mean? The "20 Minute Versions" shout-out thing by P Diddy is just before it, and Miss Kittin Requiem For A Hit ("Beat that bitch with a hit") is just after.

Sounds like just ordinary Fanfares to me. Google finds nothing about "Valletta Fanfares" though. Could be a mistake on the tracklist? There are other mistakes too, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Where exactly did the P Diddy thing come from? It's pretty laughable if it weren't for the beeps!

I put the uncensored version up here: http://eirways.com/diddyclip.zip

No idea what it's from, I've been trying to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Great thanks...let us know if you do find out.

• Advertisement

Bri wrote:
    Great thanks...let us know if you do find out.

I've a feeling it could be something to do with the album they talk about here: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1484948/20040210/p_diddy.jhtml

There's a track earlier in the Radio Soulwax mix, "Jack U" which is on that album. The 20 Minute thing could possibly be the intro to that album?

Does anyone here know anything about the P Diddy electro album they mention in that article? Was it ever released?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I think its still being made, Basically P diddy went to Ibiza did a few yokes and basically found dance music, that sample was taken from when he was off his box talking about the new album, about it not being for the normal public, just for his club friends (clubbers?) Id say it would be pretty good, but id say he has very little to do with making the music, all that is left for Felix/hell/Maas/JLC.............

Should be intresting at least.

sean

Which part of the mix do you mean? The "20 Minute Versions" shout-out thing by P Diddy is just before it, and Miss Kittin Requiem For A Hit ("Beat that bitch with a hit") is just after.

Its the bit a minute or so before '20 minute shout out' 26min 25 sec - then 20 min shout rolls over then back to song, then Kraftwerk/Requiem for a hit.

I recognise the drum roll from fanfares alright but thats it, the bouncy elctroy build up,then stuttered snappy tats are new to my ears, even went into spin dizzy to confirm it today.

A note on that P.Diddy narritive, too long and too many bleeps, why bleep F**k and not SH*T (probably Radio 1 parameters) Although humourous in parts.

"play it for the 2 motherf**kers that understand it'

I recognise the drum roll from fanfares alright but thats it, the bouncy elctroy build up,then stuttered snappy tats are new to my ears, even went into spin dizzy to confirm it today.

That part's very good, and it does sound a bit like Vitalic all right. Are you sure it's not Sweet Light - Abusator? It does come in straight after Fischerspooner.
    http://www.juno.co.uk/products/163161-01.htm

That part's very good, and it does sound a bit like Vitalic all right. Are you sure it's not Sweet Light - Abusator? It does come in straight after Fischerspooner.

Thats it alright, except the [soulwax edit] is more to my liking.
    Now, where Vitalic - Fanfares fits in amongst all that mixing, is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Four short video clips of 2 Many DJ's playing the Trinity Ball (I think) in Dublin.

These were taken by someone on boards (can't remember who), they were posted here months ago but the links broke soon afterwards. I've re-uploaded them here:

http://www.eirways.com/2mdjs_trinityball_dublin/

The tracks in them are:
    Felix da Housecat - Silver Screen (Shower Scene)
    Jeans Team - Keine Melodien
    Mylo - Drop The Pressure

Standard 2 Many DJ's tunes there...

Anyone know of any upcoming Irish dates for 2 Many DJ's, Erol Alkan, Tiga or similar DJs? I can't believe I didn't go see Soulwax in the Redbox last year.

plazzTT wrote:

Anyone know of any upcoming Irish dates for 2 Many DJ's, Erol Alkan, Tiga or similar DJs? I can't believe I didn't go see Soulwax in the Redbox last year.

Mylo is playing down here in Waterford this coming Fri (21st)

Yeah he's playing here in Cork too in the Half Moon on the 20th, but it's a Heineken Green Room Sessions gig and I've missed out on tickets (just 400 free tickets to it). I think it's a gig he's doing rather than a DJ set?

Where can I get info on the Waterford gig?

plazzTT wrote:

Where can I get info on the Waterford gig?

Ticketbastard are selling tickets

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/939609

It is a DJ Set! And 110th Street are playing at it too, very good. I'd love to go to that, but I probably won't be able to get down and back though.

I see that Ten also have Laurent Garnier, Jeff Mills (both 4 hour sets) and Dave Clarke lined up over the coming months. I'm jealous, why can't we get acts like that in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Mylo is a very poor Live DJ, he supported Touche last year and was a joke.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Anybody still got these mixes to upload pls??????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

mooeire wrote: »
    Anybody still got these mixes to upload pls??????

you're going back 6 or 7 years, throw the towel in I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

you're going back 6 or 7 years, throw the towel in I'd say.

ahh i live in hope :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement