Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Calor 'made me' their customer?

Options
  • 19-11-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently bought a house which had an existing calor lpg tank in the back yard. I called calor to ask them to send me a brochure and a contract. I received the brochure and contract in the post last week, but after looking over the unit costs, standing charges etc, I decided to make do with the fireplace this year and get on the gas mains supply next year.

However, when I got home this afternoon I got a leaflet in my door informing me that calor had taken the liberty of filling up my tank with 1100 litres of lpg. I haven't signed a contract or placed any order with them. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not a customer of theirs. But they've set me up with an account without my consent!?

Is this normal practice for them? I have no intention of paying for a product and service that I did not order. I got home too late this evening to call their customer service about this, but I'm worried that they're going to make this as awkward as possible. Has anyone had anything like this happen before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

I recently bought a house which had an existing calor lpg tank in the back yard. I called calor to ask them to send me a brochure and a contract. I received the brochure and contract in the post last week, but after looking over the unit costs, standing charges etc, I decided to make do with the fireplace this year and get on the gas mains supply next year.

However, when I got home this afternoon I got a leaflet in my door informing me that calor had taken the liberty of filling up my tank with 1100 litres of lpg. I haven't signed a contract or placed any order with them. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not a customer of theirs. But they've set me up with an account without my consent!?

Is this normal practice for them? I have no intention of paying for a product and service that I did not order. I got home too late this evening to call their customer service about this, but I'm worried that they're going to make this as awkward as possible. Has anyone had anything like this happen before?

Shouldn't be awkward , you didn't sign anything so it's their mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Check with your solicitor who did the conveyance. You may have taken over an existing contract from the vendor.
    They may be giving you a free fill to start you off and treating you as a new customer.
    Do a search for Calor in this forum. There are some old threads here which maybe useful.
    I understand Calor demand a payment for removing the tank.
    I would call the solicitor before talking to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Ask them to send you on a copy of the contract you allegedly agreed to.

Advertisement