Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 180: Werdum v Hunt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That guillotine was absolutely sick! Impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

LAMAS!!! Just need Brook and Tito for my treble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Lovely finish, Lamas is top notch, would put away anyone in the division bar Aldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

That_Guy wrote: »
    LAMAS!!! Just need Brook and Tito for my treble.

Beautiful left hand aswell :-)

Is the interpreter locked? Sounds it lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Impressive finish from Lamas, nice jab that dropped Bermudez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lovely finish, Lamas is top notch, would put away anyone in the division bar Aldo

Comments like that will get you banned :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Don't think he beats either Mendes or McGregor. Pretty sure he wouldn't actually. That said I didn't think he would beat Bermudez so who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

that was slick!!

• Advertisement

I had money on a 2nd round sub for Gastelum.

Just my luck.

Amazing transition.

Would love a Mark Hunt K.O here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

He will get stopped here I fear hunt hope he wins but I just can't see it

Come on Hunt. Just. One. Solid. Punch.

You have to think Hunt will get tired pretty quickly. Presume he will be swinging from the fences early.

• Advertisement

Come on hunt ya may get him out early before the fatigue kicks in which will be early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Come on Hunt!!

Lovely shots here !

An excellent round from Mark Hunt

Need to stay on the feet

• Advertisement

What a round Mark Hunt. Brave going to Werdums guard like that but he clearly hurt him

Werdum is not liking being hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

pulled that win out of nowhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

WOW

Wow.

Another cracking night of fighting after two great events last weekend

Whoa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Damn, Hunt was doing so well

That was a knee and a half. Unlucky Hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Haven't seen a knee like that since Sagat

• Advertisement

Werdum is a sound old buck.

Hard to dislike Werdum. A real class act.

Perfect knee.
    Gutted for Hunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

dam Hunt was all over him!

Incredible, after the knee Hunt ate like 13/14 shots, as disappointed as I am it was the right call to stop the fight.

Long thought that Werdum has some of the most underrated striking in the sport, putting Hunt down like that is a rare occasion
    ..... Mark was doing so well though:(, as some have said Werdum is a classy fighter, seems to love the fans, who also love him.

I was really looking forward to the Cain fight, if Cain isn't 100% fit when they meet, it could be a really close match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Poor Hunt, he was completely in control but he got a bit too casual I thought. Impressive from Werdum but it's still hard to see Cain not beat him if he's fit, Werdum's dangerous though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Managed to pick 10/11 winners all without having a bet on just my luck.... Fairly solid event and the main card played out or more less as I expected bar Lamas getting the win so soon. Kalvin is going places fast, hopefully people stop underestimating him now because hes beating everything in front of him with ease, only thing im worried about is his ability to make wake he was complaining about it again in the embedded videos even though hes back working with Dolce after his disaster of a cut without him last fight.

Feel sorry for hunt because that literally came out of nowhere but it wasnt unexpected, i hope this doesnt send him on a slide from here. Cain beats Werdum 10/10 times so he best enjoy it while he can. Great to see Urbina get the win to, liked him on TUF even though he had to fight one of us in his first fight. Hes still very raw but looks like he can be a decent edition to the roster.

Overall yesterday was a class day of fights from the boxing all the way through to the last MMA bout. More weekends like this would be unreal!

The Kings wise words.

74f35205a5064e10bb304b705bc16210.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Great event! That knee!!! Hunt was doing really well but Werdum caught him with a cracker. Hope Cain gets fight & fight ready, I think he'll take care of Werdum but it should be a cracking fight

Just remember something, what about your man you tapped to the RNC before it was even in place.
    Serious lack of heart shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

I thought Ellenberger gave up his neck a bit too easy and when I watched it back, I think he may have been about to protest about shots to the back of the head (I'm assuming) when the choke was sunk in. Did anyone else notice that?
    Silly move from Jake if that's the case but it might taint the win for Gastellum slightly.

Hunt was definitely winning the fight but I don't think he got casual, I think Werdum excuted the takedown fake and knee combo beautifully. Cain is a tough match up for anyone but Werdum just might give him a good fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Werdum is a beast. To think that he got cut 6 years ago is unbelievable. Although he looks unstoppable right now, I can't see him lasting more than 2 rounds against Cain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Werdum is a beast. To think that he got cut 6 years ago is unbelievable. Although he looks unstoppable right now, I can't see him lasting more than 2 rounds against Cain.

He didn't really get cut his contract ended he couldn't come to terms with the UFC on a new one so went elsewhere.

He just had a shock loss to new up and coming fighter JDS in which he was heavy favourite. To see where JDS went then and Werdum it was a huge balls up by the UFC and they could only look on then as bested the fighter they sought after for yonks etc.

Not including win bonus he reportedly gets around $125,000 appearance fee compared to when he left it was probably just $20,000. Fighters who opt to go the way Werdum there is usually no success story, there was a loser but it certainly wasn't him the UFC got it wrong very very wrong they'll pay him what he's worth now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

How in God's name does he look unstoppable? Hunt dropped him twice on 3 weeks notice.

Although he looks unstoppable right now, I can't see him lasting more than 2 rounds against Cain.

"Unstoppable" and "can't see him lasting" in the one sentence. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

Just saw that there's a two hour show of this on at 11 tonight on 3e, showing the main card I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seems to suggest on Time is now Presser Werdum Cain won't take place till June 2015 :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

BobCobb wrote: »
    Just saw that there's a two hour show of this on at 11 tonight on 3e, showing the main card I guess.

Probably, main card was pretty much done in 2 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭osl

Seems to suggest on Time is now Presser Werdum Cain won't take place till June 2015 :eek::eek:

Cain won't be capable of starting a proper training camp for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

MagicIRL wrote: »
    How in God's name does he look unstoppable? Hunt dropped him twice on 3 weeks notice.

Making proverbial sh1te of his previous 4 opponents and KO'ing Hunt is pretty damn impressive. Fine, unstoppable might not be the most suitable phrase if you want to be pedantic about it

Advertisement