Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moynalty GP

• 08-07-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭

Anyone have info on the above this Sunday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Moynalty GP race circuit for 13-07-14
    (For directions see comment below)
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4767482

Sign on: Mullagh Sports centre on the Moynalty road out of Mullagh from 11:30
    Race @ 1pm

A1/A2 Race - 90km
    A3 Race - 60km
    A4 Race - 60km
    Prizes for the first 8 in each race.
    Youth racing sign on from 9:30 u12, u14, u16. on this circuit
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3218680
    Prizes for first 5 in Youth races with a prize for unplaced female

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Any particular reason why the A3 is only 60km surly it would be just as handy to run it the same as the A1s ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Moynalty CC have also undertaken to put on a Women's Race on Sunday (13th July), if sufficient women sign on... http://womenscycling.ie/moynalty-grand-prix-weekend/
    ... and here is Moynalty CC FB page... https://www.facebook.com/moynaltycyclingclub

Any particular reason why the A3 is only 60km surly it would be just as handy to run it the same as the A1s ?

It's to celebrate my upgrade, nice gentle intro to A3!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ken1975

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's to celebrate my upgrade, nice gentle intro to A3!

or you could ride Super Scratch and join me in the A1 race :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

We are running our first Moynalty GP races this Sunday 13th July. Sign on will take place in Mullagh Sports Centre(Cavan /Meath border) from 11:30
    Race @ 1pm

A1/A2 Race - 90km
    A3 Race - 60km
    A4 Race - 60km
    Prizes for the first 8 in each race.
    Youth racing sign on from 9:30 u12, u14, u16. on this circuit
    Prizes for first 5 in Youth races with a prize for unplaced female

The senior circuit is a tough one with a few stiff but short climbs so it will favour the climbers among you. Mullagh can be reached in an hour from Dublin via M3/N3 After the last roundabout on the N3 dual carriageway take the first right signposted for Mullagh. Those of you coming from the north can take the R164 from Kingscourt to Kells. This brings you to Moynalty where you turn right for Mullagh. Those coming from the South should head for Kells and take the Kingscourt road R164 to Moynalty. From the North West take a left turn off the N3 as you exit Virginia. Note the races starts and finish in Mullagh which is 5kms from Moynalty. Shower facilities and refreshments will be available at the centre and there is ample parking . I am away on holidays with poor internet access so if you have any queries pm me and I’ll get back to you tomorrow Friday with a contact number for the organisers or you can email moynaltycycling@gmail.com. Details also on our Facebook page here. Best of luck to all participating. Seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

How short is "short"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Anyone have any info on this years race, course length, sign on time etc!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,497 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

3 x threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

Very best wishes to Moynalty CC on their first open road race promotion.Great to see new promotions come on board.

How short is "short"?

Here's the route on Strava, looks pretty flat except for the one dig thats about 1.6km @ something like a 3% avg with a slight recovery portion in the middle, so the up bits are perhaps @ 5% fwiw

http://app.strava.com/routes/593657

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Doesn't look anything like a climbers course, 60km very short for a flat A3 course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Doesn't look anything like a climbers course, 60km very short for a flat A3 course!

Yeah, seems more like a big bunch sprint finish. Some of those roads look like they're only wide enough for one car. Are the roads closed to oncoming traffic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

All roads will be open,please observe the rules of the road.

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    It is not a flat course :-) will suit a punchy rider and agree its a bit short for A3 but its our first year running this so hopefully we can improve on it with experience over the coming years. Best of luck and do let us know what you think of the course. All feedback will be welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Well done to Moynalty CC on a fantastic event. Brilliant organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

It was not a flat course to be fair. That climb really was steep and tough, for some of us anyway, I messed up gearing then it half jammed so I was dropped. It happened again the second time and I nearly went over the bars. Not sure I could have stayed with bunch either way. Lost the grupetto I was with too.

Good race. Interesting course. Not too much messing. Fair dues to organiser who went through the course with us after sign on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 B82Eng

Flat it is not !!! Great race, great effort by all involved and much appreciated, we will be back. The road surface was bad in places, some nasty holes and cracks around the place but still very enjoyable. Should probably have an extra lap for the A3's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Certainly was not a flat course :). Second time around a group of 10 crested the hills with a decent gap but the it all came back together. Another lap and I think there would have been some major selections! A very nice circuit with flat out fast sections at the mid way point and that short steep double hill combo at the back end had a real sting!

Really enjoyed it and the only criticism is the race length, A4 60km, A3 90km and 120km would be perfect.

Thanks Moynalty CC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Thanks to Moynalty CC for putting on a great race. That was a lovely circuit with a very tasty little hill in the middle of it.

Great race, maybe move the finish onto the main street just off the circuit, thought the speed ramps so close to the line weren't the best. Anyways congrats on an excellent first promotion.

Edit: And defo not flat, Strava sometimes lies! Also 3 laps for A3 next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Definitely not flat!!!!

Moynalty CC have done themselves proud! One of the better organised race's this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Thanks Moynalty CC, great event. Has to be one of the best circuits around, it's a favourite of mine now anyway so looking forward to next year.

Are there any photos available on line?

Thanks for your kind comments and we will take all your suggestions on board for next year. Yes it is not a flat course !!and yes Strava can be deceiving :-) Well done to all the winners and participants. Hopefully you will spread the news for next year. Seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pablokelos

Hi, Photos now posted on the Moynalty Facebook Page :-)

Advertisement