Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prepare for War against the Brits & the Vikings

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,113 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Red Pepper wrote: »
    I think our first step needs to be to re-name our warships.

Warnings from "L.E Róisín" or "L.E Eithne" will not scare the likes of....

HMS Argonaut
    HMS Victory
    HMS Ark Royal
    HMS Resolute
    HMS Serpent
    HMS Vigilant
    HMS Daring
    HMS X-Factor
    etc

L.E. Facekicker would see see all those off just by looking at 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭indioblack

DrHLecter. wrote: »
    Ah the British and their commemorative plaques.
    It seems that their logic works like this.

1.See something.
    2.Put commemorative plaque on it.
    3.You now have rightful ownership and moral high-ground.

(sometimes they even use step 4. Place citizens on it...shout about democracy)

What a good idea.
    Now I think about it, (wherever the hell it is), it's obviously British .
    As English as Finchley.
    Must defend democracy on this rock. Democracy, chaps - and oil.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Red Pepper wrote: »
    I think our first step needs to be to re-name our warships.

Warnings from "L.E Róisín" or "L.E Eithne" will not scare the likes of....

HMS Argonaut
    HMS Victory
    HMS Ark Royal
    HMS Resolute
    HMS Serpent
    HMS Vigilant
    HMS Daring
    HMS X-Factor
    etc
    Remember the Cod Wars. Iceland's small patrol boats against the RN. Remember who won.

Vigilant could taken out by a trawler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ro95

england and ireland are nearly the one country.... we should never have left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

ro95 wrote: »
    england and ireland are nearly the one country.... we should never have left!

Exactly when was Ireland in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Are we sure it's not Spanish? They love claiming tiny islands.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

RADIUS wrote: »
    Exactly when was Ireland in England?

Stephen Ireland has been there since he was a kid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Love to help but i'm not a good swimmer.
    What if i fell into the water.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Lets face it, if ownership of Rockall had been Irish all along, some property developer would have paid €25Bn for it and built 15,000 dodgy apartments there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Even if the Brits and the Vikings surrender it, we'll get Feckall from Rockall, because the rights will be given away by those twats in Leinster House.

Those twats you speak of do what they want because frankly, we let them. We put them there, I'm not sure what it will take before enough is enough, do we have a breaking point ? I'm not so sure, as long as the booze is flowing in the pub and there is enough tripe on the telly to numb your mind, an aul moan here and there is the most that will ever happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Overflow wrote: »
    Those twats you speak of do what they want because frankly, we let them. We put them there, I'm not sure what it will take before enough is enough, do we have a breaking point ? I'm not so sure, as long as the booze is flowing in the pub and there is enough tripe on the telly to numb your mind, an aul moan here and there is the most that will ever happen.

oooooooooooh...I could crush a grape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Overflow wrote: »

Vote for the Rockall Liberation Alliance?

Imagine the banners we could have:

"Charlie had his Inishvickillane - we want our Rockall"

We could go on hunger strike.. that solves everything!

Advertisement