Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairpieces in Dublin

• 14-10-2008 1:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Im looking for some hairpieces and have no idea where to start so Id appreciate some help ladies please. Maybe this belongs in the fashion forum so Mods, please move if appropriate. I just thought it might get more traffic here and vanity rules the roost here. :)

Basically, two years ago my hair started falling out and although it has grown back 99% now, I still wear the hair pieces to bulk it out a bit at the back. ...plus is easy to have fab looking hair in seconds with zero talent and effort. My hairdressing skills are non existant so this is a much better road that the heartbreak curlers, straightners, flatteners, conditioners, clips, bands, ribbons, highlights, wax, mousse, spray, leave in conditioner and god knows what else leads me down.

I have two really nice ones that an Italian and Austrian friend gave to me, and now I want to add to them. Does anyone know of any good shops here in Dublin that sell different styles - Im blondy brown colour - and how much should I expect to shell? Christmas is coming and I would love a really nice piece to go with a dress that Ive gotten.

Thanks and chin chin for Christmas!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Where are you based? You can get extentions (straight) in almost any colour in salon shops.

I know one in DunLaoghaire and one in Bray if thats nay use?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There was someone on telly the other day in Debenhams and the shop assistant was showing her lots of different hair pieces. They looked really good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Where are you based? You can get extentions (straight) in almost any colour in salon shops.

I know one in DunLaoghaire and one in Bray if thats nay use?

Youre right! Its nay use. :) Im not looking for extensions as such, more clip on clip off pieces. But thank anyway!
    There was someone on telly the other day in Debenhams and the shop assistant was showing her lots of different hair pieces. They looked really good.

Good stuff! Will go and havea aroute around this evening. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

When I was thinking about having one for my wedding day someone suggested a shop in Talbot St called Not to Worry.
    I never followed it up but the person showed me the pictures of hers and it looked really nice.

Good luck with the search.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I think I know where youre on about Nasy Girl. I always thought that was more ethnicy rather than white chick. Will defo check it out. And thanks for the link too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

You could try http://www.melissashairwear.com/
    She delivers to your home but I think she is based in Wicklow somewhere.
    Brilliant service I think and she's very helpful, if you give her a ring she will sort everything out for you in a flash!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shoefloozy

The hair-do range from Jessica Simpson are brilliant. They come in a few lenghts and styles and are lovely and full and glossy. You can buy them on www.asos.com. I hope this helps. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

There's a place in Kimmage that does these I think. Its a few doors down from the Mrs Quinn's shop, chinese, hardware shop etc. As far as I know, they do wigs and hairpieces in all different colours and styles.

Advertisement