Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Really Embarrassing

• 02-03-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im 15 yrs old.. and i have a problem with my penis. its only lately that i am worried about it because when i was younger noone would notice.. My penis surrounding skin is attached to the top of my foreskin.. so it means that i cant ever have a foreskin fully.. it looks so ****ed up and i just wondered how the hell i could get rid of it.. ive already had a girl come back to me about it after oral.. so ye it is very noticeable.. is operation the only way? cause no way will i go to my docotr or family about this..
    tnx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,492 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just to check, are you confusing the foreskin with the glans? The foreskin is normal skin colour and essentially skin like. The glans is fleshy and bulb-like and typically pink/red/purple in colour. A biology book might help or look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glans_penis (NOT SAFE FOR WORK)

I don't quite understand what you are saying, but I suspect what you are saying is that you foreskin is either tight, doesn't retract properly or hasn't separated from the glans fully. Stretching, gradually, carefully, should solve these problems. Patience and a few warm baths might help.

The next time you are at the doctor, for whatever matter, mention it and he can put your mind at ease. No need to be embarrassed, he's seen it all before and a lot worse. Or ask you science / biology teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I think victor is right here. Have alook at the basic anatomy and how it compares.
    Your foreskin goes over the glans(head of the penis) you can pull it back slowly but it is the skin of the shaft.

Does it retract at all to clear the head?

If you cant manage to do it, then go to your doctor! They are trained to deal with this type of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ok sick page but annnyway.. if u go onto the page link u gave me.. and look at the 3rd "additional image" there.. and you can see like... a string or something attached to the glans from the skin.. is that normal?.. looks like wat i have but just it hasnt developed yet or somethin...
    tanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

It is reasonably common condition (Frenulum breve) and your doctor should be able to sort it in a visit with local anaethesia.

I'd recommend getting it done as there is a risk that it might tear - which is an infextion risk as well as somewhat painful.

Sick page? errmm no.
    But what you are talking about there is the frenulum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_of_prepuce_of_penis

entirely normal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

ok sick page but annnyway.
    Okay. Here we've hit on a really, really serious issue you have.

It does sound like you might have frenulum breve, or might not but if your worse case scenario is frenulum breve that falls well into the category of "minor" as problems go.

Frenula are any stretch of skin that restricts the movement of an otherwise unattached part of you body. The stretch of skin under your upper lip and the one under your tongue are frenula also, and similarly the frenulum of prepuce of penis connects the foreskin to the vernal mucosa. It pretty much keeps your foreskin in the position it's mean to be in.

For the most part frenulums are just there and primarily of interest because the delta where it meets the penis is a particularly sensitive spot sexually (often referred to as the male clitoris, though I think that probably overstates the case).

Frenulum breve is just latin for "short frenulum" and means it's a bit short. Just as ankyloglossia means the lingual frenulum under the tongue is very short and can cause problems with breastfeeding during infancy and with speech, frenulum breve can be to the extent where it interferes with sexual acts.

It's also possible that you have phimosis (a tight foreskin), which is much more common and even more minor since while it may benefit from medical intervention, it can also possibly be resolved by training it (if you start with gently stretching it in a warm bath).

Either of these possibilities, and a few other similar ones, are easily dealt with after a quick trip to the doctor.

It's also possible that you don't really have either problem. What that girl said doesn't really indicate much since girls your ages are no more reliable judges of what's normal in genital development than boys your age, indeed we get quite a few posts here about "Help! My vagina looks like a perfectly normal vagina!" or "Help! My boyfriend's penis looks like a perfectly normal penis!"

However, in this post you've shown a much more serious problem.

Why do you describe a page which gives a relatively objective description of the penis (focusing mainly on the human penis) as "sick"?

Why are you putting it in people's mouths if you think it's sick?

There are a good few reasons why our society doesn't condone children having sex. While it may seem like this is just a matter of grown-ups trying to stop you having fun or overly worrying about the risks of pregnancy and STIs (and indeed, while you quite likely think you aren't a child anymore) and that some of the reasons just don't apply to your case (particularly the fact that one of the reasons it's illegal is to protect children from sexual exploitation by adults) there are other reasons beyond that.

And one of them is that maturity isn't needed just to have sex responsibly and with an assessment of the risks of pregnancy, STIs and emotional harm, but also needed to make it something that is a truly enjoyable experience rather than just the equivalent of a good ****.

The way you are going you are going to be looking back upon your earliest sexual encounters with nothing but sadness and regret. Worse still, it's going to take you longer to realise just how crap they are.

I strongly suggest you work on your attitude to your own penis and your body and to penises generally.

You've had 15 years of having a penis. It's part of you. While phallocentricity can be a considerable issue with a lot of men, the opposite is no more helpful (and really, is the flip side of the same coin).

If you're a 15 year old boy I don't think I'm making too large an assumption in saying that you probably masturbate. I suggest that when you do so you don't just go straight for the release of sexual tension that comes from a quick orgasm, but explore your penis, the rest of your body (particularly your perineum) and work on enjoying the different sensations that you can induce which don't bring you to an immediate climax but which are enjoyable (the delta where the frenulum is connected is particularly worth lightly stimulating).

The immediate side-effect of this will be better masturbation in cases where you've the time to do so. The longer-term side effects will be a better sexual response when you are with a partner, and better understanding that you should similarly not just go straight for the most obvious things when you are with a partner, but most importantly in your case it could hopefully help you deal with your issue regarding how you think of penises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Talliesin wrote: »
    However, in this post you've shown a much more serious problem.

Why do you describe a page which gives a relatively objective description of the penis (focusing mainly on the human penis) as "sick"?

Why are you putting it in people's mouths if you think it's sick?
    He's 15 ffs, whilst I'm not condoning the act of underage sex, I don't expect that he's a one-off here.
    The guy is asking for help, not a lecture on the ills of modern society. This is exactly the sort of thing that turns young people away from seeking advice: self-righteous, fogeyish, lecturing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ok so from what ive read so far its a minor problem but ive looked at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_of_prepuce_of_penis <-- that page.. and it says "It is possible for the frenulum of the penis to tear during sexual activity. The frenular artery may be severed, causing significant bleeding."
    how likely is this to happen? + mine doesnt look as severe as the ones in that page.. if u know what i mean.. does it still need a doctor or could i just leave it?..
    thanks for the help so far so many ppl takin the time to answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,492 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It happens. Happened a friend, he ended up being circumcised. Has happened people here on boards.ie (not while on boards - I hope). It tend to be rather distressing as an erect penis is full of blood. However, it heals within a week or two and is unlikely to be fatal.

But honestly, gentle practice withdrawing the foreskin and a word with the doctor the next time you see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

davyjose wrote: »
    The guy is asking for help, not a lecture on the ills of modern society. This is exactly the sort of thing that turns young people away from seeking advice: self-righteous, fogeyish, lecturing.
    I can't make him feel that sex should be enjoyable and fulfilling and I can't make him not describe his own body in hateful terms, I'm just suggesting it's worth trying and offering an idea towards that. Don't see what any of this has to do with the ills of society.
    abc1231231 wrote: »
    it says "It is possible for the frenulum of the penis to tear during sexual activity. The frenular artery may be severed, causing significant bleeding."
    how likely is this to happen?
    It's not very likely, but it can happen.

If you do have frenulum breve it's more likely that you'll find what should be enjoyable is instead painful.

That in itself is more than enough reason to get things checked out.

It's also more than likely if you went to a doctor you'll be told you have no such problem. And then you'll have a lot more peace of mind.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    He's 15 ffs, whilst I'm not condoning the act of underage sex, I don't expect that he's a one-off here.

I saw that same comment by the OP. Had intended to return to it myself but didnt get chance.

I felt the same as talleisin that the OP should be beginning to get comfortable with genitalia..by his own admission he is having oral sex performed on him, no indication of the other way.

*I had better say that we are not condoning inderage sexual activity*

But he should be familiarising himself with both male and female aspects before leaping into things. going into sexuality with an idea that simple diagramatic representations or photographs are "sick" isn't good.

Doesnt bode well for the level of sex education does it?

Thats where the accusation of self righteous, lecturing should be pointed: the catholic guilt system

Advertisement