Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

generic diary

• 01-03-2008 5:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

you know it's bad when you can make a comment so cryptically morbid, you make a taxi driver shut up. those guys would talk about a ****ing fly swatter if you gave them the chance.
    another night in coppers ends in disappointment, apathy and a sore throat. i feel worst about the sore throat. it may (but probably wont) stop me going out tomorrow.
    my mates whom i identified with have created their own solutions (problems) to their problems.
    - brian is an alcoholic. <am i going to be the one who has to throw myself on the grenade, as per usual, and try to help him? i would if i could even help myself. memory: being 10 years old standing up to the two bullies feasting on some poor kid with a speech impediment; brow-beating them into standing down. this memory confirms my belief that i was more mature then than i am now.> he has now suffered a broken nose, jaw and hand as well as innumerable black eyes to his self-destructive cause.
    - how do i even know dan anymore? common interests and proximity only go so far at this age. we're so different sometimes i can barely relate to him. he has his own agenda. his own mission: score. it doesnt really matter what.
    - rojac and finbar. they have what i want, or at least what i idealize. will 'the girl' solve your problems? probably not. for at least one of the two of them, i can say definitely not. learning from them is moot knowing one is destined to fail miserably, and yet my jealousy of them almost consumes me.
    - everyone has their own issues. their own way of dealing with them.
    i lack the ability to make myself vulnerable. this causes me to appear aloof and disinterested. women can't see through this and i dont blame them.

norman mailer once wrote: "there is little sexual about suicide. it is a lonely landscape with the pale light of a dream and something is calling to you, a voice on the wind" and he is right.

im not looking for responses to this. this is just looking for some sort of documentation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Jesus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Having read a post of yours in another thread you have some experience of depression and suicidal thoughts etc. I hope you get the help you may need to get through these times.

As this is not a thread looking for a response, I'm locking it. If you decide you want some input from others and want to keep this open PM me.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement