Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me out

Options
  • 17-01-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

i have this feeling that marriage is an important part to every human being in this planet, but i think there is a problem with me.
    whenever i get into a relationship with a woman i get bored the first week even without having sex with them. this has happened to three ladies so far. i dont know what is wrong with me.
    and yet marriage is a life long commitment. will i really manage?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 specialdayz

You need to relax. There is somebody for everybody. My guess is that you are too preoccupied with finding someone that you find yourself with the wrong person. Relax and be yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

What age are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

listen to specialdayz and relax. you still haven't met the right one!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

OP you may get a bigger response in the Personal Issues forum. Let me know if you would like it moved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

iguana wrote: »
    OP you may get a bigger response in the Personal Issues forum. Let me know if you would like it moved there.

I was going to suggest the same thing, only I can't move the thread. Now I feel so inadequate and useless, I'm going to have to start my own thread over there.

Take your time OP, it's just a case of finding someone right, chances are the harder you look the less you'll find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nixion

well i dont mind you guys moving it on the issues forum, my only concern is me getting help

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Moved to PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,856 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nixion wrote: »
    i have this feeling that marriage is an important part to every human being in this planet, but i think there is a problem with me.
    whenever i get into a relationship with a woman i get bored the first week even without having sex with them. this has happened to three ladies so far. i dont know what is wrong with me.
    and yet marriage is a life long commitment. will i really manage?.

Thinking way, way too far ahead. Live in the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭estar

do you have friends that you have stayed friends with
    over a long time period and not gottne bored with

its similiar.

in a long term relationship you shouldnt spend 24/7 with someone
    or you will prob get sick of them

but since you will spend 9-5 in work, time in gym, hobbies
    you wont see them all the time and the time you do spend with
    them you will look forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I donot think you should be looking at the marriage question until you work out why you get bored with them.

What exactly OP gets you bored with somenoe within the first week? Though one cannot exactly call the first week a "relationship".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,856 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fear of Commitment switches you off perhaps? the very fact that you are still talking to eachother after the first encounter begets a relationship, which begets some semblance of committment..... (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

I think your thinking too far ahead, dont worry about it now...when you meet the right woman its different, youll click with her..dont worry about these ones that you obviously arent clicking with, whetehr having sex with them or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

i have this feeling that marriage is an important part to every human being in this planet
    And not a single one of the people who've lived productive, happy lives without marrying work as a counter-example to this for you? Why?
    whenever i get into a relationship with a woman i get bored the first week even without having sex with them.
    That's not a relationship
    this has happened to three ladies so far.
    So you've very briefly dated three women.

This is so far from not telling you anything as to not be worth mentioning.
    i dont know what is wrong with me.
    Either what's wrong with you is that you expect to somehow form deeply meaningful relationships with just about anyone, or that you've a deeply artificial view of marriage as important in and of itself without much regard to who you are marrying. Probably both.
    and yet marriage is a life long commitment.
    You seem to be making this life-long commitment to a hypothetical person.
    will i really manage?.
    Why do you even expect to.

There are cultures where arranged marriages happen and they actually tend to work very well a lot of the time, though disastrously other times.

There are cultures where marriage is a decision that is made in the course of a relationship and they actually tend to work very well a lot of the time, though disastrously other times.

There are people in a position where they have strong enough connections to two or more cultures with differing views on betrothal and who then are in a position to choose between the advantages and disadvantages of these two (along with personal matters as to which culture they feel closer to, parental expectation and so on).

You seem to have manage to somehow found yourself dealing with a very strange combination of some features of arranged marriage (because you've apparently got this marriage due to happen at some point in your life) and of arrived-at marriage (because you don't have a fiancée arranged for you) and I'm at a loss as to how you came to this.

Advertisement