Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boojum

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Got it delivered a few times now. Kinda makes their previous excuses about it "not keeping" look a bit silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

And how did it travel? Far to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Fooker wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the portions about half of what they used to be? :(

Are you twice as big as you used to be? :)

J o e wrote: »
    And how did it travel? Far to go?
    Newcastle/Westside. Took a while arriving so presumably stuck in traffic too. I even left one and reheated it later that evening. Burritos are not exactly the most delicate of cuisine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I'm in Galway fairly regularly and often call here for a fix when passing. Quality has gone downhill a fair bit in the last while imo. Not half as big or tasty as they used to be. The one I had last week was very bland. Dominant flavour was sour cream. No sauces on most of the tables and spicy it was not. Not sure the meat is great either. There is slow cooked , and then there is just flavourless mush. For something that used to be so good, it has been disappointing the ast few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

vkid wrote: »
    I'm in Galway fairly regularly and often call here for a fix when passing. Quality has gone downhill a fair bit in the last while imo. Not half as big or tasty as they used to be. The one I had last week was very bland. Dominant flavour was sour cream. No sauces on most of the tables and spicy it was not. Not sure the meat is great either. There is slow cooked , and then there is just flavourless mush. For something that used to be so good, it has been disappointing the ast few times.

Definitely gone downhill, I get a Burrito Bowl with extra meat (pork/beef, pork/chicken) and you never get "extra". You get the same amount of you ask for just one meat and they charge an extra €2.

I was in there one Sunday around 7pm and everything was cleared out, not a drink in the fridges and very little selection left and a staff member was behind the counter giving out about it herself and blaming the management, like only order once a week etc.

It has definitely lost some of its shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

On the flip side, I eat there infrequently, but as good as it ever was last time I ate there about a week ago! I have noticed though that eating there later in the evening is often not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Anyone else find the chicken to be a bit fatty?

Not been there in awhile but that last few times the food was poor and they seemed to have run out if pretty much everything. The lack condiments on the tables was noticeable and to honest, I'm in no hurry to go back which is surprising given how much I love Mexican food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a pork burrito yesterday about 7:15pm, good as always, full range of meats, rice, veg and accompaniments. No shortages.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Haven't been there in months, and have a free burrito on my card....someday I'll be craving the salt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

have a free burrito on my card....

Good christ... How can you resist?

1bec62a5_ds_img_direct.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Had my first Boojum in months yesterday evening. Was as good as always, fully loaded portions and all options available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

They are giving all money taken on a day in the first week of December to the Make A Wish foundation, was up on one of the various local media FB pages during the week, cant find it now though, might have been Dec 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Still awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

anyone know why they won't add crushed tortillas like the other places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    What other places?

and

I keep forgetting it's there.
    Off Quay Street Syndrome.

^
    What other places?
    /QUOTE]

Ok well not in Galway but at least in Dublin most of the other burrito places will add it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    What other places?
    /QUOTE]

Ok well not in Galway but at least in Dublin most of the other burrito places will add it for you.

Bring us a couple down next time you visit.

• Advertisement

Bring us a couple down next time you visit.

k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

These other places are probably a different chain with a different take on Mexican food.
    You can probably just ask for a shell and crush it yourself.

biko wrote: »
    These other places are probably a different chain with a different take on Mexican food.
    You can probably just ask for a shell and crush it yourself.

true enough.

It's messy though. Once you unwrap the burrito it's hard to keep it from falling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

anyone know why they won't add crushed tortillas like the other places?

Because that's not a thing mexicans do? Boojum is close to the real deal from the taquerias I've been to in Mexico and California.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

true enough.

It's messy though. Once you unwrap the burrito it's hard to keep it from falling out.

I suppose as it's not something they offer (lack of demand maybe?) it'd slow down the production line when it's busy. BUT they're pretty sound in there, bar the odd grumpy soul, so would probably accommodate you when it's not so busy.

I suppose as it's not something they offer (lack of demand maybe?) it'd slow down the production line when it's busy. BUT they're pretty sound in there, bar the odd grumpy soul, so would probably accommodate you when it's not so busy.

The reason they don't do it is because "a customer choked on it in one of the other restaurants" or "it can cut the back of your throat and is dangerous" or "it's not authentic enough" or "the cost would be too much". Those are four excuses I was given when I asked about it as most other Mexican places ask if you want one broken up into your burrito and it can be quite tasty

• Advertisement

The reason they don't do it is because "a customer choked on it in one of the other restaurants" or "it can cut the back of your throat and is dangerous" or "it's not authentic enough" or "the cost would be too much". Those are four excuses I was given when I asked about it as most other Mexican places ask if you want one broken up into your burrito and it can be quite tasty

Right, so a big, fat, no fuckin way, then.

Because that's not a thing mexicans do? Boojum is close to the real deal from the taquerias I've been to in Mexico and California.
    What abysmal reasoning. I bet you eat chinese with chopsticks too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I was in Boojums twice after hearing the rave reviews on here. I thought it was nice but I did think the food was a bit cold and I was eating on premises. I like my food to be piping hot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finally have enough stamps to get my free t-shirt :D

Advertisement