Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing a tap head to change a washer

• 22-11-2014 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

A dripping tap; usually easy enough to remove the tap by unscrewing the top from the spindle (or whatever the centre core is called. I removed the top; screw and am left with the tap head still in place and it doesn't look like budging. Can anybody give me an idea on what to do next? Thanks. w4m

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Go and buy a 1/2" tap, spindle and head replacement set (Hot and Cold app 15 e) get a grip of the old handle with a large pump pliers and twist anti clockwise while keeping the rest of the tap steady.
    At best you will remove the handle and spindle in one go, at worse the handle will disintegrate and you can then get at the spindle and remove it
    Do both sides, pop in your new spindles and fit the new handles, job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

isolate water before removing insert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭wait4me

glug glug glug - now you tell me! :D:D:D Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

you would be surpised.........

Advertisement