Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shopping for MMA/Boxing Gloves

• 14-12-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Now that Ultimate MMA Supplies has ceased trading, where else can you buy MMA/Boxing gloves, or any MMA equipment really?

Either on-line or in the greater Dublin area.

I know there is Mullen Sports in town, I've looked at their website, but I would like to shop around.

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Rob01 wrote: »
    Now that Ultimate MMA Supplies has ceased trading, where else can you buy MMA/Boxing gloves, or any MMA equipment really?

I know there is Mullen Sports in town, I've looked at their website, but I would like to shop around.

Thanks

Rob

http://www.fanaticshop.ie/category/10/accessories__fight_gear/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks

Rob

So far as I know CRU clothing (same premises as Ultimate MMA) are still selling gloves etc.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy gloves in Mullens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

Rob

How are you? A friend of mine is just in the process of opening an MMA/Muay Thai and martial art shop.

Selling everything from Twins, Fairtex, Top King, Haybusa, Tapout, Caged Steel, Badboy etc etc

right down to the cheaper more budget orienteted equipment...

most of the work is 90% dont and dusted just waiting on some finer points to be ironed out.

Once up and running they wont be charging crazy prices for equipment but what the market dictates, but there will be more of that in the future

As Far as I know

there are sandee/FBT 16oz gloves

Venum shorts

Badboy/Tapout/Venum t shirts

Twins MMA gloves

in stock at the moment, if your desperate drop me a PM and I will let you know prices, but like I said the shop isnt open yet, prb Feb 2012

thanks

Paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Cheers lads!

Paddy if you can gives me a heads up on that lad and we'll try look after him over in the self defence & martial arts forum too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

In the Studio shop at the moment we have MMA gloves, MMA sparring gloves, mouthguards, groin guards, shin insteps, headgear, rashguards, undershorts, kneepads, gel wraps, normal wraps, skip ropes, focus pads and some fight shorts... sold out of boxing gloves, but we should have some new stock in after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 shanesmith

mmawarehouse.com is the best site ive used so far

Makikomi

Thanks for that.

Once its up and running I will let ye all know bout it. Hopefully it wont be a fly by night set up and works for him, as it will actually be creating 2 news jobs in Dublin... That mighten sound like a lot but its 2 less people on the dole..

All equipment sold will be in stock in Ireland, so theres no customs and carry on like that

Thanks for the support Makikomi, I have a small vested interest in it as hes a mate, but he will prob sponsor one of my fighters next year

Rob will reply to your PM now thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Im using rdxinc.co.uk just made an order on Friday and they dispatched on Sat so I will let you know.

I used to use fightshop.co.uk as they were the cheapest for shorts (also have a good range) but going direct to RDX seems cheaper for equiptment (getting fight shorts, gel wraps, 16oz gloves and compression shorts with groin guard for £75 including delivery)

I would use an Irish shop but there are none near me and getting in and out of town is a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

RoboRat wrote: »
    Im using rdxinc.co.uk just made an order on Friday and they dispatched on Sat so I will let you know.

I used to use fightshop.co.uk as they were the cheapest for shorts (also have a good range) but going direct to RDX seems cheaper for equiptment (getting fight shorts, gel wraps, 16oz gloves and compression shorts with groin guard for £75 including delivery)

I would use an Irish shop but there are none near me and getting in and out of town is a pain.

Do RDX make decent enough gear? Seen them advertising on Amazon too, their stuff seems to be well priced and with good reviews, so would be interested in picking up some gear there if they're worth it.

• Advertisement

Do RDX make decent enough gear? Seen them advertising on Amazon too, their stuff seems to be well priced and with good reviews, so would be interested in picking up some gear there if they're worth it.

I will let you know when I test it a bit. It works out cheaper to order direct from them, plus if you sign up to their facebook page you get 10% off.

I did notice on their Facebook page there's a load of people very unhappy with orders not being received, and bad customer service.

Still, it might be worth the gamble!

Right, so received my order at 10am on the 23rd so that was 5 working days - cant complain about that, especially with it being the Christmas period. Thoughts so far (only had a smash on the bag for a little bit so will give a better review after a few sessions).

Gloves: good quality, leather, fit well, good support cant complain about them when i only paid £18 stg for a pair of 16oz gloves!

Gel wraps: Again, good quality, would have preferred if the wrap on the wrist was a bit longer as I have big arms and small hands so like a bit more support on the wrist, but that's a personal thing.

Compression shorts: Good quality although slightly big and I have huge legs. I would have thought that large for someone who has a 34" waist would be OK but I would go a size smaller. No cup and that is annoying but or £14 I can get one elsewhere.

Shorts: Good quality, light with room for lots of movement. Look great too.

All in all, I would definitely recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Just got some gear in for the new site/shop, heres some of it as a tester.

Needless to say there will be a cheaper version of all of these as stock arrives in and more MMA brands, but feel free to have a look and ask any questions, or give any feedback as its all helpful

thanks paddy

http://www.adverts.ie/1210939
    http://www.adverts.ie/1210913
    http://www.adverts.ie/1210886
    http://www.adverts.ie/1210877
    http://www.adverts.ie/1210872
    http://www.adverts.ie/1210849

ps hope its okay to put this here. thanks

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Fair play Paddy, I would have taken a pair of the Venum shorts off you if I didn't get a new pair for Christmas.

I will be sure to tell any of the lads in my club if they are looking.

Those Twins sparring gloves look like a nice buy Paddy.

Jaysus, it's really not working out cheap to pick up gear :(

Was gonna go with RDX (as they're pretty cheap, seem to be ok quality and they'd suit me as a beginner) but the shipping alone comes to £27 for 6-7 things.

I'm guessing it's gonna be expensive regardless of where I shop? I'm looking for:
    • Grappling (MMA) gloves
    • 16oz Boxing gloves
    • 2 x Wraps
    • Shorts
    • Shin / in-step pads

With RDX it's working out around £130stg for the above and that's with a 10% off discount.

Any other recommendations or should I just bite the bullet?

jimmy

we have just finished researching pretty much every online store there is in the Uk and Ireland.

You wont get cheaper prices than that at the moment mate, but you can get better value for money if that makes sense.

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Advertisement

You could try sportsdirect.com

Just had a quick look and although the range is not as good you can get the following:

Lionsdale Handwraps £3.5 each link
    Title Shin/Instep guards £15 link
    Tapout MMA Shorts £8 each link
    Addidas 16oz boxing gloves £40 link
    Title MMA Gloves £13 link
    Total is £90 and delivery is £8 (i think), therefore about 118 euro.

I have gotten a few bits off Sportsdirect and they have an excellent service but their stocks at the moment are limited.

Cheers lads - I bit the bullet and just ordered as I need some of it for a class Friday anyways, money is tight enough for another month or two so even if the gear ain't amazing quality it should do the job for now.
    I'll also post up how it holds up once I get it and use it a bit.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Apologies about dragging up an old thread but I've been out of the country for the last 2 years.

Just wondering where could i find a pair of 14/16oz boxing gloves in the dubbin area?

looking for a decent brand that will last like twins or sandee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

Apologies about dragging up an old thread but I've been out of the country for the last 2 years.

Just wondering where could i find a pair of 14/16oz boxing gloves in the dubbin area?

looking for a decent brand that will last like twins or sandee.

http://oneononecs.com/index.php/product-category/full-contact/page/1/

mary street city centre

Advertisement