Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menchov and Barredo banned for 2 years (2 years ago)

Options
  • 12-07-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭

So it seems Denis Menchov and Carlos Barredo didn't actually "retire", but copped 2 year bans for blood passport violations. Why, oh Why this only comes out by accident now in the latest published list of banned riders, who knows....

http://t.co/wSXIh6Wf6U

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Ha, I just bumped my old thread on Menchov's "retirement" at the same time. Not at all surprised to see this come out, but I'm pretty disgusted with how the UCI dealt with it. The only way to change the situation is with public naming and shaming - this hardly counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

I for one am tired of hearing that doping is part of cycling's history and not a current problem.

Now we have the 1st and 3rd place finishers of the 2010 Tour removed from the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Russman

letape wrote: »
    I for one am tired of hearing that doping is part of cycling's history and not a current problem.

Now we have the 1st and 3rd place finishers of the 2010 Tour removed from the results.

Ahh yes, but this time they really, really mean it, cycling has changed, or something.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

apparo Jurgen van den broeck up on the podium of the 2010 tour...5th to 3rd....could get the jersey in a tear or 2

Advertisement