Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shimano sora front derailer 3 selections 2 sprockets

Options
  • 12-06-2014 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Excuse the ignorance. I recently purchased a giant defy 3. The left gear selector for the front derailer requires 2 selections to move the chain from the large sprocket to the small sprocket (there are only two front sprockets). Is that the norm?

The front derailer doesn't appear to be properly adjusted anyway in that the chain is rubbing against the derailer when the "hardest" gear combination is selected which is just an adjustment but I'm just wondering about the number of clicks that should be needed to move down one sprocket.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

The front derailler has a "trim" feature. The first click moves the cage a small amout only. You use this when the chain is on the large sprocket at the rear and the large chainring at the front. The second click moves the chain from the large chainring onto the smaller, inner chainring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

UDP wrote: »
    Hi,
    Excuse the ignorance. I recently purchased a giant defy 3. The left gear selector for the front derailer requires 2 selections to move the chain from the large sprocket to the small sprocket (there are only two front sprockets). Is that the norm?

The front derailer doesn't appear to be properly adjusted anyway in that the chain is rubbing against the derailer when the "hardest" gear combination is selected which is just an adjustment but I'm just wondering about the number of clicks that should be needed to move down one sprocket.

Thanks.

I'm guessing you have to bring it back the shop for a 6 week free check up ?

If so bring it back early and just tell them the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭easygoing39

As 07lapierre has stated,3 clicks is normal.As for the rubbing,easy for the bike shop to fix,will take all of 30 seconds.

Advertisement