Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No service and not connecting to wi-fi

Options
  • 28-09-2013 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

I've got a Huawei Ascend Y200 which I'm in a spot of bother with. I rooted it which worked fine. Then for some reason it stopped seeing any mobile networks (I switched sim cards, checked other ones etc etc) and wouldn't connect to wi-fi. So I decided to go on ahead and do what I'd been planning to do from the outset. Put on a custom rom which might be less bloaty and give me some more internal memory space. I installed the roms as per these instructions.

Installing the custom rom didn't help at all. It's still not seeing the service and I can't get it to connect to wi-fi. It's seeing the router but after going through the motions of obtaining an IP address, it comes up with "disabled" error message. I've tried three custom roms at this stage but none have worked.

When I go into the Wireless and Networks menu, it crashes. "The application Settings (process.com-android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly"

Any suggestions or is the phone faulty do ye reckon?

Advertisement