Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killing

Options
  • 15-07-2011 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys/Girls

First time ever got a good recommendation from 2FM/RTE2 in years and done a Sky+ on The Killing on C4, watched the 2 episodes and very good. Tried on C4 website and cant find when on next so any idea's? just worried cause I sky+ the first episode on Wednesday night and it didnt seem to carry over to the Thursday nite one. Just want to make sure I dont miss anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Haven't watched last night's one yet, but just checked series link and it's set to record next Thurs at 9 on C4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

This is seriously good television. Everything is great; the characters, dialogue, cinematography... everything! I've been watching it on C4HD and it looks the business. I'm up to episode 4 now, A Soundless Echo, and really looking forward to next week's story. This season has 13 episodes and a second season has already been secured.

Particularly liked
    how Holder found the cage, and at the end of the latest episode, the revelation at the community centre at the end of the bus route, and also seeing Richmond meeting Jamie in the car park.
    So good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Fidelis wrote: »
    This is seriously good television. Everything is great; the characters, dialogue, cinematography... everything! I've been watching it on C4HD and it looks the business. I'm up to episode 4 now, A Soundless Echo, and really looking forward to next week's story. This season has 13 episodes and a second season has already been secured.

Particularly liked
    how Holder found the cage, and at the end of the latest episode, the revelation at the community centre at the end of the bus route, and also seeing Richmond meeting Jamie in the car park.
    So good!

Missed it last night but have it on Sky+, really liking it, I had missed it first time around or not sure if it was on, was a review on radio one day and said to watch so I just fell across it, glad I did

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Its not really worth sticking with tbh. Its starts off well enough and stays fairly close to the original but slowly loses it way.

I found it very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

adox wrote: »
    Its not really worth sticking with tbh. Its starts off well enough and stays fairly close to the original but slowly loses it way.

I watched the first couple of episodes and then lost interest - would have been better if it was in 2 or 3 parts instead of dragging on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

adox wrote: »

Dovies wrote: »
    I watched the first couple of episodes and then lost interest - would have been better if it was in 2 or 3 parts instead of dragging on.
    Aww, don't say that, I'm liking this. Saying that the reviews on here for The Walking Dead said it got ****ty at the end and they were way off.

What does Linden be eating?? She always seems to be chewing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Aww, don't say that, I'm liking this. Saying that the reviews on here for The Walking Dead said it got ****ty at the end and they were way off.

^ she's tryna quit smoking, so those nicotine chew thingies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

^ she's tryna quit smoking, so those nicotine chew thingies.
    OOh, I missed that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How were they way off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Agree with some of the above posters, we also watched about 5 or 6 episodes of this but our interest gradually dwindled and we just gave up. Very dreary atmosphere and it was raining, always raining.... The series finale was a tad controversial too and really upset what fan-base it had. The Danish original was much better apparently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement