Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA network orders 3 more pilots

• 04-11-2010 12:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/03/usa-network-greenlight-the-pilot-production-of-three-new-originals-eden-wild-card-and-overunder/70751 ...now shut yer pie hole Darko!

EDEN is from Universal Cable Productions and written by Ken and Mary Hanes (“Til Death Do Us Part,” “Doc”). The show centers on a young hotel worker who, with the help of his escaped con artist cousin Eddie, gets a job as the concierge at an elite NYC hotel. Together they manage to provide the hotel guests with whatever they desire, at whatever the cost.

OVER/UNDER comes from Fox Television Studios in association with Universal Cable Productions. It is written by Sheila Callaghan (“United States of Tara“) and executive produced by Dan Halsted (“Garden State,” “Witchblade”). A day trader with a massive gambling problem is fired from his job six months after a bad trade costs his firm millions. Shut out of the job market, he and his beautiful, photographer wife retreat to a neighborhood on the cusp of gentrification. He finds an unlikely partner and starts to turn his life around in an unexpected way.

WILD CARD is executive produced and written by Stephen Godchaux (“Spin City,” ”Dead Like Me”). What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas… but only if you have a good lawyer. In this witty procedural about people behaving badly, two very different lawyers handle the type of problems that happen after the sun goes down and need to be solved before the sun the comes up. Cary Brokaw (“Closer,” “Finding Graceland,” “Angels In America”) will serve as executive producer. The project comes from Fox Television Studios.

These pilots join USA’s slate of recent greenlit pilots including COMMON LAW, NECESSARY ROUGHNESS and A LEGAL MIND, all of which are currently in production or prep. From executive producers Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro (“Miami Medical”), NECESSARY ROUGHNESS stars Callie Thorne (“Rescue Me”) in the true story of a sexy, newly single psychologist tackling motherhood and her life as a pro-football team’s shrink. Also stars Marc Blucas (“Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Scott Cohen (“Gilmore Girls”) and Mehcad Brooks (“True Blood”), and guest stars Concetta Tomei (“Providence”) and Amanda Detmer (“Private Practice”). In COMMON LAW, from executive producer Jon Turtletaub (“National Treasure”) and starring Michael Ealy (“Barbershop”), couples therapy works wonders for two cops who just can’t get along. From Executive Producer Doug Liman (the Bourne Trilogy, USA’s COVERT AFFAIRS), A LEGAL MIND stars Gabriel Macht (“Middle Men”), Patrick J. Adams (“Weather Girl”), Rick Hoffman (“Samantha Who?”), Meghan Markle (“Fringe”) and Gina Torres (“Huge”) along with guest star Victor Garber (“Eli Stone”) and centers around a legal sharpshooter who recruits a brilliant young rainmaker. Problem: He has no law degree and he’s a bit of an Outlaw.

Comments

Didnt realise that you were writing for tvbythenumbers Richard.

The article above which Richard so diligently copy and pasted is from tvbythenumber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Didnt realise that you were writing for tvbythenumbers Richard.

The article above which Richard so diligently copy and pasted is from tvbythenumber.

You're obsessed with f*cking crediting people! :rolleyes: ...who screwed you over Darko?, did you not get the royality cheque?...wait, did Stephanie Meyers steal your treatment?....'cause yours bonkers mental with the Twilight obsession!

Seriously, give it a rest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You're obsessed with f*cking crediting people! :rolleyes: ...who screwed you over Darko?, did you not get the royality cheque?...wait, did Stephanie Meyers steal your treatment?....'cause yours bonkers mental with the Twilight obsession!

It's only fair!

And it takes a second to do.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It's only fair!

And it takes a second to do.

FFS, i'm constaly posting links and crediting, he's being an ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That "Eden" one sounds similar to "Hotel Babylon"

• Advertisement

FFS, i'm constaly posting links and crediting, he's being an ass.

You see Ricard unlike yourself I don't like to see other people passing off work which is not theirs. It takes 2 minutes to give credit where it's due and by not doing so it's you who is the ass.

You see Ricard unlike yourself I don't like to see other people passing off work which is not theirs. It takes 2 minutes to give credit where it's due and by not doing so it's you who is the ass.

Darko, with all due respect...no reasonable person would ever assume i was the creator/writer of that text or that i was trying to plagarise.

Darko, with all due respect...no reasonable person would ever assume i was the creator/writer of that text or that i was trying to plagarise.

Why wouldn't they? You copy and pasted another persons work and never gave them credit. If you did that in college or at work you would be in serious trouble, why is it acceptable to do so online then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Why wouldn't they? You copy and pasted another persons work and never gave them credit. If you did that in college or at work you would be in serious trouble, why is it acceptable to do so online then.
    cos this isn't college or work, it's boards :P

whiteman19 wrote: »
    cos this isn't college or work, it's boards :P

Still no excuse not to credit people for their work. I wonder how Richard would like it if someone started copy all his threads and observations and posted them up as their own.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't give a baboon's rashy arse Darko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For what it's worth, we would always prefer to have a source quoted at the end of a news story, and also another point from the charter:
    Regurgitating news from other websites is encouraged in certain circumstances, but you must then CONTRIBUTE to the thread (and that doesn't mean putting a or an "I agree" comment at the end of the post). This is primarily a discussion forum, not a news forum.

Now ease up on the squabbling please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I remember watching a show called Wild Card before with Joely Fisher and Chris Potter :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/12/ben-lawson-usa-wild-card/
    Ben Lawson has landed one of the two coveted lead roles in the USA Network pilot Wild Card – a witty drama about people behaving badly in Las Vegas and the lawyers who solve their problems.
    The Australian actor plays Will Garrett, a successful Wall Street attorney who could be living the American Dream but instead feels trapped in life. One night in Sin City, his life changes forever.‬
    If greenlit to series, Wild Card would join USA’s powerhouse lineup of procedural dramas, an enviable home given the network’s strong track record for launching new shows.

Eden is not going forward...it's a pity as Enver is a superb actor: http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/usas-pilot-eden-not-going-forward/

Advertisement