Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat 2009 Clutch /DMF supply fit?

Options
  • 06-05-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    My 2009 B6 bluemotion 19. estate has what sounds like a pebble in the engine - depress the clutch and it goes away. also slight judder pulling away in 1st

pretty much know is the DMF and clutch that need replacing - have 235k on the clock so no big surprise here.

Anyone have recommendations on price to do the above?

Thanks
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Around €750 should cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

thanks - Just got a few quotes all using OE parts from 675 > 1300 (1300 was a garage in ashbourne and even sucked air through his teeth on the phone.... he was nearly double every other quote i got.....

will make a decision soon - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

BrookieD wrote: »
    thanks - Just got a few quotes all using OE parts from 675 > 1300 (1300 was a garage in ashbourne and even sucked air through his teeth on the phone.... he was nearly double every other quote i got.....

will make a decision soon - thanks

George above is your man for the job..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Hi Guys
    My 2009 B6 bluemotion 19. estate has what sounds like a pebble in the engine - depress the clutch and it goes away. also slight judder pulling away in 1st

pretty much know is the DMF and clutch that need replacing - have 235k on the clock so no big surprise here.

Anyone have recommendations on price to do the above?

Thanks
    Darren

If you got 235k out of one DMF, fair play. They must have upgraded the kit from the earlier models

Just back from getting my 09 Passat bluemotion sorted at http://www.daltons.ie/ by George and the lads. DMF and clutch replaced as well as looking after a anti roll bar drop link and parking bulb. Brilliant service and price all round - even dropped me into town and collected me when car was sorted. Could not recommend highly enough. Will return if i need to in the future, well worth the drive down from Ashbourne - Car drives like new, cannot believe the difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭scooby77

235k miles or km? Just curoius

scooby77 wrote: »
    235k miles or km? Just curoius
    235km = 146k miles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Just back from getting my 09 Passat bluemotion sorted at http://www.daltons.ie/ by George and the lads. DMF and clutch replaced as well as looking after a anti roll bar drop link and parking bulb. Brilliant service and price all round - even dropped me into town and collected me when car was sorted. Could not recommend highly enough. Will return if i need to in the future, well worth the drive down from Ashbourne - Car drives like new, cannot believe the difference

You owe me a pint so..:)

Truckermal wrote: »
    You owe me a pint so..:)
    - i could do that..............:D

Advertisement