Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking out CPUs with a certain stepping!?

Options
  • 29-01-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Do any website do this? Like if I order a Q6600 off them can they make sure I get a certain stepping?

I got my old job back so im going upgrade to quad core and wouldn't mind getting a G0 stepping one to give her a bit of a boost!

I know komplett wont check there CPU's as ive read it already over in the komplett forum! What about overclockers?

Also when are the new intel CPU's out?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Id suggest going to a physical shop and picking out one yourself.

Its the only 100% way of being sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    Id suggest going to a physical shop and picking out one yourself.

Its the only 100% way of being sure

:rolleyes: Bit of an expensive way of buying parts.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Overclockers have a Guaranteed G0 Q6600 for a tiny bit more, they guarantee its G0 stepping, don't know any other places I've seen this

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

i bought one from aria.co.uk and it was advertised as GO on the site. cost about €230.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Hmm

I notice on OCUK now that they have the quad cores as:
    "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition"

Which a quick google gave me a G0 stepping so im guessing there all G0 steppings!

They come to €227 delivered which is not bad considering it its €242 on komplett.ie delivered! Its very tempting to take out my credit card but thats where my other question comes in, im wondering whats the story with the new intel cpus that are supposed to come out?

EDIT:
    yoyo wrote: »
    Overclockers have a Guaranteed G0 Q6600 for a tiny bit more, they guarantee its G0 stepping, don't know any other places I've seen this

Nick

didn't notice you said that thanks!

I can order the new mobo from komplett.ie (xfx 780i) and the cpu from overclockers and it works out cheaper than komplett.ie for the two at €482

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

dazftw wrote: »
    Hmm

I notice on OCUK now that they have the quad cores as:
    "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition"

Which a quick google gave me a G0 stepping so im guessing there all G0 steppings!

They come to €227 delivered which is not bad considering it its €242 on komplett.ie delivered! Its very tempting to take out my credit card but thats where my other question comes in, im wondering whats the story with the new intel cpus that are supposed to come out?

EDIT:

didn't notice you said that thanks!

I can order the new mobo from komplett.ie (xfx 780i) and the cpu from overclockers and it works out cheaper than komplett.ie for the two at €482
    Nice price man, I paid Komplett €250 euro for the Q6600 B3 stepping one, there deffo coming down in price, they'll prob be rolling in the new CPUs very soon :D

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Does anyone have any idea on when there out?

Advertisement