Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movember - Strategy to Grow moustache ?

Options
  • 25-10-2014 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I have a messy beard. I never had a moustache before so am letting my beard grow out. I believe it is time to cut this beard in and leave a moustache behind but am a complete beginner at this.
    Where is the best source of moustache information ? How many different types of moustache are there ? How do I get a curly humorous looking one ? Is one of those anchored above the lip or is it part beard ?

Are moustaches easy to make yourself or should I get this moustache cut out at a barbers ? I am a complete beginner and dont want to mess up with my first cut. I am considering either a razor or a philishave to cut this moustache in but dont want to make a mistake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Dont you start movember clean shaven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Dont you start movember clean shaven?

I'm giving it a head start. October doesnt have to be gynocentric :D

crap ... wheres the rule that men with beards cant do movember ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

crap ... wheres the rule that men with beards cant do movember ?

Here
    • On Shadowe'en (October 31st), the complete moustache region, including the entire upper lip and the handlebar zones, must be completely shaved.
    • For the entire duration of Movember (Movember 1st - 35th inclusive), no hair shall be allowed to grow in the goatee zone - being any facial area below the bottom lip.
    • There is to be no joining of the moustache to sideburns.

dmc17 wrote: »

lol thanks . I guess this was a practice run so . :pac:

I shaved in my beard and have a moustache for the first time in my life. For some reason each time I catch sight of it I want to smile.... it seems funny... I guess because I m not used to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Balls. Have been going round like half a Mexican for a week

tinner777 wrote: »
    Balls. Have been going round like half a Mexican for a week

I'm almost thinking now ... feck it. I'll be manly in my own time. Then I remember FEMINISM and back to beards it is. For every bra burned there should be a corresponding beard !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'm almost thinking now ... feck it. I'll be manly in my own time. Then I remember FEMINISM and back to beards it is. For every bra burned there should be a corresponding beard !

Mod note
    Boards.ie does not welcome nor accept comments of a a sexist nature.
    Further posts demonstrating misandry or misogyny will result in infractions/bannings.
    Should you require further clarification please feel free to PM me or the Cmod or start a thread in feedback. Do not continue debating on this thread.

Plus I'm not a fan of the smell of burnt beards.

Mod note
    Boards.ie does not welcome nor accept comments of a a sexist nature.
    Further posts demonstrating misandry or misogyny will result in infractions/bannings.
    Should you require further clarification please feel free to PM me or the Cmod or start a thread in feedback. Do not continue debating on this thread.

Plus I'm not a fan of the smell of burnt beards.

Sorry. I was joking and rightly and in accordance with Boards.ie find both Misogyny and Misandry abhorrent. Not all women are feminists. Some like me are Egalitarian. An Egalitarian by definition cannot be sexist intentionally. I am not here to debate anything of that sort but to discuss moustaches....

Back on topic...

I shaved my facial hair off and started again....

So how do I get a funny curly moustache like a colonel in a fairytale ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

Its supposed to be a clean shave to start with and take it from there.Its a bit of a pissing contest for some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

Hey all!

Over half way through Movember now, pretty happy with my mo, but have been having trouble finding mustache wax, or rather mustache 'styling' wax as I've learned to call it - I've been offered hair removal wax several times now.

Any ideas where I could get my hands on some styling wax? One barber suggested I use American Crew hair wax, but not sure if that's a good call or not. And is a mustache comb a good idea, or just a gimmick - like different sized nail clippers...

I was hoping to shop local, but can go online and get it just as easily, but then I'm lost in a sea of brands.

How are the rest of you Movember people getting on?

I am a mess. I need urgent barbering but unlike my beard Im finding progress to a moustache a bit slower. I havent seen moustache wax or the fabled moustache comb anywhere yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Advertisement