Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car problem

Options
  • 06-09-2014 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,did anyone who owns a Fiesta ever have trouble with an engine management light.I drive an 05 fiesta and have continuous trouble with this light.I get it sorted and stays off for about two weeks and bang on it comes on again.Every mechanic i brought it to said the engine was functioning perfectly even with this light on.My worry is that it would fail an NCT test. Could anyone advise me on the matter.Kind Regards,Bogs.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

bogs wrote: »
    Hi,did anyone who owns a Fiesta ever have trouble with an engine management light.I drive an 05 fiesta and have continuous trouble with this light.I get it sorted and stays off for about two weeks and bang on it comes on again.Every mechanic i brought it to said the engine was functioning perfectly even with this light on.My worry is that it would fail an NCT test. Could anyone advise me on the matter.Kind Regards,Bogs.:confused:

Hi there,

My last car (Hyundai) had same issue. She passed 3 NCT no problem though. All mechanics who tested her said nothing big of note was setting off any alarm bells with them and not to worry.
    That was with my car though. They'd turn off the light for me though it never stayed off.

All mechanics said they could spend hours going though every piece of metal looking for the issue, but it would not be worth it. She was always tested okay and always felt confident driving her.

Would that help in any way? I'd imagine an issue is present. Mechanics will check everything that is tested for an NCT but may not necessarily reach the point of issue triggering this.
    You could always also ask in the Motors forum right here.

Have I just added to the confusion and uncertainty,
    Hopefully not,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Wifes car passed an NCT only yesterday with the same issue. So long as the light is "orange" and not "red" you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Engine management light is not a fail in the nct and is usually a sensor or something. If it starts flashing however pull over immediately.

If you are that worried bring it to a ford main dealer, €40 or thereabouts for a diagnostic with the proper software. My experience with indies is that sometimes faults come up as unknown, the main dealer should be able to diagnose properly. You can decide then if it's something that needs fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 konradex

If you are still looking for help I know very good mechanic. He can check your car on computer and he'll give you feedback why this bulb is still on. The price for that job is about 20 euro. Give me PM if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

konradex wrote: »
    If you are still looking for help I know very good mechanic. He can check your car on computer and he'll give you feedback why this bulb is still on. The price for that job is about 20 euro. Give me PM if you are interested.

lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement