Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dominion [SyFy]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

hellish superheroes and villians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement

Quite enjoyed the opening episode .. I think I will go back and watch Legion over the weekend.

The cast seems strong the sets look great and the acting is solid enough in parts.

I'll stick with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah it was an enjoyable enough opener alright and has me interested to see more so I'll certainly tune in for another episode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Can only echo the above two posters; so far so good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Should I watch 'Legion' first?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

ixoy wrote: »
    Me too on this question!
    Sounds like a show I might watch if there are too many hairstyles in tight leather jackets. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was ... good?

To be honest, I was a bit lost. There was a lot of back story there that double dutch to me. Level 1s, level 2s, 8 balls, WTF? :)

The action was great, and it's definitely a show that I like the look of. Having said that, I'll try and watch Legion before I watch any more Dominion.

I don't think it's necessary to see it first, It is set 25 years after Legion but it's slighty linked to the movie one secne links the two.

I don't think you will miss anything from the series if you haven't seen Legion.

Mr E wrote: »
    It was ... good?

To be honest, I was a bit lost. There was a lot of back story there that double dutch to me. Level 1s, level 2s, 8 balls, WTF? :)

The action was great, and it's definitely a show that I like the look of. Having said that, I'll try and watch Legion before I watch any more Dominion.

That won't be answered from watching Legion anyway.

I think it is that we have jumped straight into something that has been happening for 25 years so hopefully these will be answered as the series goes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 UserNo1

looks very cheap eg the program poster looks terrible

a step backward from defiance and failing skies

servere lack of Scifi out atm

Did you actually watch it, or are you basing your opinion on the promotional materials?

I thought the production values were high (compared to other output I've seen from SyFy)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 UserNo1

Yes i watched not a fan . But i watch a few more to give it a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,635 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im surprised how good that was. Really enjoyed it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Me too on this question!
    Sounds like a show I might watch if there are too many hairstyles in tight leather jackets. ;-)
    Took the bullet for you guys; don't. Legion mainly a poor action movie but what I noticed for connection in episode 1:

1) How the father got his tattoos
    2) Mother of the main character
    3) Reason behind what's happening (which differs from what was said in the series so far)
    4) Gabriel's & Michael's reasoning for their views
    5) Brief hint on how the city was formed
    6) Information on how the possession works

What I'd speculate on would be that point 2 gets told by Michael along the story about the 24h event and point 5 gets expanded through the series as well. Most of those points were like a sentence long if that so nothing huge in terms of lore etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Having watched Legion isn't necessary but it doesn't hurt, it's not a great movie but it's passable, the show explains pretty much everything.

As for Dominion itself, was pleasantly surprised. Excellent pilot, great effects, good acting, nice amount of intrigue - will certainly be watching episode 2.

• Advertisement

like it after the 2nd episode

Enjoying this show a lot more than I thought I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Any one else watching this? Can't believe we had a finale already, 8 episodes in but it was some Finale. I hope it does get a 2nd season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm a few episodes in. Found it fairly underwhelming so far. I'd even say boring. Not too impressed with it but it looks like it improves judging by comments on here.

squonk wrote: »
    I'm a few episodes in. Found it fairly underwhelming so far. I'd even say boring. Not too impressed with it but it looks like it improves judging by comments on here.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I'd say the last few episodes have been the best for me.

Deleted scene image from the end of the finale:

http://www.syfy.com/dominion/photos/dominion_s01_e0108?id=23

Interesting! Well, if we get a season 2 that is!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

shinny wrote: »
    Deleted scene image from the end of the finale:

http://www.syfy.com/dominion/photos/dominion_s01_e0108?id=23

Interesting! Well, if we get a season 2 that is!

Looks like it was taken down, does any one have a backup.

Also, hopefully this gets another season, it has gotten very good the past few episodes.

• Advertisement

Well if this does not get a Season 2 I'll be disappointed; it's finally a story that's not been done a 101 times...

finally season finale, happy hoping for season 2 ;)

http://media.tumblr.com/7c0afc437f02af59af5720256835bf33/tumblr_inline_n9z911C5zF1sbkoni.jpg

There's a link to the picture. And it said something like "As Michael sits on the side of a cliff, distraught, a familiar face comes along. Enter Lucifer we knew we'd see him sooner or later" or words to that effect.

I wonder why they took it down. I had a theory that everything that happened after the bluff was the real bluff, until I saw that pic. Now I wonder why they've taken it down. Perhaps to keep their options open for the second season.

Pretty damn good finale. The show really won me over the last few episodes. It got much harder, grittier and really just drew me in. Very much hoping for a season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Syfy has renewed for a 2nd season

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Syfy has renewed for a 2nd season
    The show (and story) deserved that and it makes me happy :)

• Advertisement

I don't think it did. I felt it was poor overall. Was pretty uninteresting really. That being said, I'm looking forward to what they might do now with the knowledge they've a second season. Hopefully the show will pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Series started tonight on Syfy which I thought was good, Would like to see more detail about the story beforehand if possible in flashback.
    Will watch next week. Had to look up 8-balls to see what they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I gave this a chance but I can't say that I was impressed.

Acting was weak, characters were dull, the angels were extra debauched version of humans (nothing special or otherworldly) and everyone was just scoffing booze every other minute (like in the second last episode Michael banging on about how Alex needed to be focused for the confrontation with Gabriel and the guy was chugging whiskey right in front of him) :P

Tom Wisdom was decent enough - looked and acted somewhat reasonably as a kind of alien being, but the other two were awful - in particular the guy playing Gabriel, he was just yawn inducing and cliched.

The announcer on SyFy said it was getting a second season but I don't understand why. I'm out - no second chances.

Anyway, glad to get that of my chest. Cheers.

I'm with you Spoon. I found it quite boring and forgettable. It just didn't have a spark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

squonk wrote: »
    I'm with you Spoon. I found it quite boring and forgettable. It just didn't have a spark!

I don't know about forgettable - Gabriel's over acting has kind of seared itself into my brain.

It is a shame - the basic idea was decent and Legion was a great starting point but the series had nothing to do with that film.

• Advertisement

Season 2 to premiere on SyfyUK on 15th July @ 9pm (9th July in USA)

Started last night in the States. Glad they had a recap, because I could barely remember what happened in Season 1....

Decent opener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    Started last night in the States. Glad they had a recap, because I could barely remember what happened in Season 1....

Decent opener.

Totally agree on the recap. The ending was good too.
    Promo for the season

Good enough first episode from season 2.

Story line moving away from Vega for part of the episodes will be good as there's only so much story you can get from Vega.

Anthony Head seems to have toned down his American accent from what I heard which is good as it was came across false a few times last season.

Pretty good season, enjoying it a lot. Worried that it'll be cancelled, though.

What a pointless bloody episode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement