Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel Eircom phone watch?

Options
  • 29-01-2011 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hey all not sure if this is the right section for this but my Grandfather has an eircom phonewatch alarm system in his house and he want's to cancel his subscription to it. He rang eircom and asked to cancel there but they told him they cant do it on the phone and it has to be done online. Now my grandfather has no idea how to work computers so he asked me to do it for him. Problem is I can't seem to find anything about canceling it on the website or google. Any help with this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi cocoshovel,

Has your Grandfather got a contract with them or is it up for renewal ?
    If it is up for renewal then simply dont renew and cancel the direct debit if he has one.
    If he is in contract he will be liable to pay till it ends.

On another note, when he does cancel it depending on the system he has installed it can be programmed to contact his phone rather than them. Dont get caught for there letter to get them out to disconnect the alarm from the monitoring station either. I can talk you through doing this ;) I have changed the monitoring of there alarm to Visi Connex, works out a lot cheaper than what they charge. All of them have rang me to ask about this letter. The alarm is not connected to them anymore, they know it as they dont receive the test call and they still want to disconnect it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 melodical

Hi, Sorry for dragging up an old post but this is exactly what i;m looking to do "system he has installed it can be programmed to contact his phone rather than them".

I have a GSM unit installed by eircom and I'd like to cancel my subscription and redirect alerts to my phone.
    Is this difficult to do, how would I go about doing it?
    Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

What system is it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 melodical

Evolution1 wrote: »
    What system is it

It's a Simon XT gsm unit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

melodical wrote: »
    Hi, Sorry for dragging up an old post but this is exactly what i;m looking to do "system he has installed it can be programmed to contact his phone rather than them".

I have a GSM unit installed by eircom and I'd like to cancel my subscription and redirect alerts to my phone.
    Is this difficult to do, how would I go about doing it?
    Thanks a million.

All easy to do if you have the engineer code off your system.
    Then delete the numbers the system dials out on and put in your numbers (max 4). Change the protocol to voice for each person you have set up to receive a call.
    Then down power system (mains and battery) and put in a new sim, make sure you turn off the sim lock if enabled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement