Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Allowance - Help?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi. Can anyone please help me by giving me advice or their experiences.
    Here is my story:
    I have been recieving this State payment every week for over a year now,not by choice.
    Trying hard to find work but it is proving difficult so far,but i will continue
    A few months ago,I and my Partner and our baby moved from our rented house to another town a few miles away,to be nearer for his work and Family
    I didnt think or realise at the time to change/inform of my address to local office.
    I went to recieve my payment earlier today like every week and was told there was no payment on my card.
    I then contacted my local office and was told to call in,in person, as there was a problem.
    I called in and was told that there had been Two forms (questioneers or something) sent out and as they had not been returned, my payment had been suspended from this week.
    I told the office that I had told our previous Landlord to forward any mail and let her with our new address.She told us she would.
    Now I dont know what to do.
    I also earlier filled out a new address form and brought it to my new social office.Tommorow I need to bring in two photo Identifications to go with it.
    • How long will my payment be held back? or will I ever get it again?
    • Will I be re-inbursed,for weeks held back?
    • Has this happened to anyone else.:confused:
    Please if anyone has experiences similar to this,please reply.I know it is my own fault,But I am panicking alot tonight.
    Much Helpful advice would be gratful. Thanks.

Advertisement