Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAS JA Yellow Dockets Help Please

Options
  • 19-01-2011 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hello,

Can someone who's in the know please confirm this for me please?

I made a casual jobseekers allowance claim 13 weeks ago, (aged 25+). I was filling out the white x/o dockets until today when I received yellow x/o dockets in the post.

• Does this mean that my claim has finally been approved?
    • Am I right in assuming that I will get a cheque in the post and that my first cheque will be for week 1, (as opposed to the past 13 weeks in one cheque)?
    • Do I need to sign on at the social welfare office, or do these yellow dockets disqualify that requirement?
    Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

RJM22 wrote: »
    Hello,

I made a casual jobseekers allowance claim 13 weeks ago, (aged 25+). I was filling out the white x/o dockets until today when I received yellow x/o dockets in the post.

• Am I right in assuming that I will get a cheque in the post and that my first cheque will be for week 1, (as opposed to the past 13 weeks in one cheque)?
    • Do I need to sign on at the social welfare office, or do these yellow dockets disqualify that requirement?

I can't help you with the first two questions but you fill in the dockets and return them to the office before the Thursday instead of signing on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

RJM22 wrote: »
    Hello,

I can help you, on the same myself.

1) Yes your claim has been approved, congratulations.

2) What normally happens is that the cheques come a week in arrears. So say you submit a slip for this coming Wednesday 19th (they start on a Wednesday as opposed to Tuesday on white slips) to Tuesday the 25th -say you drop that in (which answers question 3) on the Wednesday or Thursday 26th/27th, it will be the following Tuesday via post (1st Feb ) that you get paid by cheque.

Now in terms of your backpay, either this will come prior to the first cheque (e.g. next Tuesday) or as part of your first cheque. Sometimes they can break up the payments a bit or send them after, but both times when I went for JSB and JSA, it all came at once, whether by post office (JSB) or JSA (cheque).

3) As above, you submit your slip marked with days you worked and did not - you are deducted one sixth of your payment for each day you worked, and cannot work more than a certain number of days (three I believe, plus Sunday). You no longer need to sign on, it is proof enough that you drop this slip in each week. Thursday 12pm is the cut-off time in the Cork city office, not sure of others. There is no stipulation when you have to drop it in as long as its by the cut-off point, as in if you know you will be working 2-3 days ahead and it is easy to drop in before you've worked them, I often do that and no problem.

Hope this helps. Oh and as you run out of yellow slips, new ones will arrive in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭RJM22

Thank you both.

Tommy that was great, thanks for taking the time to explain that to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lucyluo

Hey guys I just recently started this and I was just wondering how do they check out your days/wages is it by tax/wages or do they send weekly forms to your employer? (just wondering because my employer is quite lazy about doing anything esp forms)

thanks!

lucyluo wrote: »
    Hey guys I just recently started this and I was just wondering how do they check out your days/wages is it by tax/wages or do they send weekly forms to your employer? (just wondering because my employer is quite lazy about doing anything esp forms)

thanks!

Lucy - as a rule they don't - at least overtly. They are of course able to examine your declared days working and not working and see if the figures tally via revenue commissioners etc., but the chances of it happening to everyone/you is remote and is half the problem with the way the system is.

When I switched from JSB to JSA (casual in both cases i.e. still working part-time), my employer had to fill out a page of the last 13 weeks of the days I had worked and had not worked. Presumably this doubled as a check on my previous submissions also. It has not happened to me but I presume they do send this form out the odd time if they suspect anything. It was lucky I write down my weekly submission also (e.g. xxxoxxox etc.) as my employer had no record of it so I filled it out myself and they signed (though we could have gotten it from HR after a few weeks).

I wouldn't worry about your employer though, if they are too lazy they will be fined and prosecuted.

edit: they used to make you get each (white) slip signed by your employer weekly, but they did away with this thank god, so demeaning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TwiligthFan82

i get the jb yellow dockets. Was ment to get them this week but didnt. what dose that mean?

i get the jb yellow dockets. Was ment to get them this week but didnt. what dose that mean?

As in the first one was dated last week? If so, just drop both in (including current one) asap, you will get payment for last week, either a few days or a week after the current one. If stuck go to your CWO in meantime.

i usually get the dockets this week. but they didnt turn up. my next docket has to be in by this thursday and theres no sign of them yet.

i usually get the dockets this week. but they didnt turn up. my next docket has to be in by this thursday and theres no sign of them yet.

Sorry misread. Can you get in when the desk is open? They will be able to give you generic ones in there to cover you. If not you will have to wait until they come and it will turn out as per my op.

Edit: Don't think it would even have to be the casual desk, they probably have them at every one.

i should be. thanks so it dont meany anything up. just that they maybe delayed? Thanks again for you help

• Advertisement

i should be. thanks so it dont meany anything up. just that they maybe delayed? Thanks again for you help

Usually it just means there was a delay. If you can get in during the desk opening hours worth asking what the story is. But if you've been doing everything as per usual, I wouldn't worry. Happened to me 3/4 times over the 1.5 years I was on it.

thank you so much for your help really appciate it.:)

Advertisement