Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorpark Galway

Options
  • 02-01-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Has anybody else got such a bad service from motorpark, galway I bough a car that has now spent 4 week in the garage for repair, it broke down before Christmas and was told it would be repaired on the 2 jan, but has not, the general manager even said why can't you use you wife car if yours is not working properly.(it can only drive under 80k then limp mode turned on) As I spent a large sum with this garage to be told this was like waving a red flag to a bull. They informed me that this car was serviced when I bought it but as car is saying there is 4 months to the next service I can't under stand this as I only own the car for 6 months now and only have done 1500 km with it.
    In my opinion the are good not telling the truth
    and only want you're money then sodd off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭listenup

don't waste your time looking for replies to this because when you express opinions on motorpark certain galway moderators feel the need to remove all replies
    galway moderators LOVE the service

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

How long warranty did you get? You say you have had the car 6 months. If they have that crazy attitude and if you are anywhere near the end of warranty and specially given the kind of problem you have, I wouldnt be talking to them at all. Id spend a few quid on a solicitor and let them deal with it.
    Now alot of people will say that this is overkill but at least they wont be able to fob the solicitor off with a different excuse every time etc
    Id be afraid that they would be just fault clearing and returning the car to you until warranty expires then leaving you to deal with it - Hence my solicitor advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

What car is it, year? and what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hoganjames

I. Got a one year warranty, and feel this is a Friday car it has gone from the air system being replaced to the whole fuel system replaced, the intercooler pipe replace now the turbo needs to replaced, they will not admit that the car is not good and refuse for me to get a refund, as the gm there stated orignaly they have 3 attempts to get the car fully working, but this time he sais it is a different problem. To me it still is a car that does not work. A outlander that everybody said is a great car has broke my. ..... I will never touch motorpark every again. I would prefer to purchase from a back street garage as they would treat you as a human

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

OP, I have to ask this as you are a new user.

How come you never joined boards.ie before now or is it just coincidence that you had a 'bad' experience and joined the forum at the same time?

• Advertisement

No I joined in 2011 but never wanted to post something till now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

hoganjames wrote: »
    No I joined in 2011 but never wanted to post something till now

My mistake.

Did you ever try Hogan motors in Ballybritt? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

They tried to charge me almost triple for the same set of wheel locking nuts, enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Car could have been serviced, then sat in stock for 2 months

I take that but it was a condition of the sale that the car gets serviced before I collect it, enough about just to say BEWARE of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it was already serviced before you saw it then it would be reasonable for them to do a lights and levels check on it. It doesn't sound like that's the reason its giving trouble now anyway.

It's in there since the start of December?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

hmmmm

I am about to purchase a car off these guys today... posts like this dont fill me with much confidence.

The car has a one year ford warranty left on it so at least there is that.

Advertisement