Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 Peugeot 407

Options
  • 04-01-2013 4:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭

I am thinking of buying this car which is up for sale by an owner
    He said he would give it to me for 2600
    It has nct for a year and the tax is 500E
    It has run 250,000,KM(150MILES)
    Runs on petrol and it is a grey colour car
    Is it worth it??
    And what is the deprecation value of peugeot 407
    As I might think of selling it...(is there a good market for the peugeot cars
    Would I make a quick buck???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

wasim butt wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying this car which is up for sale by an owner
    He said he would give it to me for 2600
    It has nct for a year and the tax is 500E
    It has run 250,000,KM(150MILES)
    Runs on petrol and it is a grey colour car
    Is it worth it??
    And what is the deprecation value of peugeot 407
    As I might think of selling it...(is there a good market for the peugeot cars

No one wants petrol cars anymore especially ropey high mileage French cars so unless you plan on keeping it and driving it yourself I'd pass on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Not on a petrol, diesel maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭wasim butt

OR
    would this car be better
    Audi A6 2003
    ran 90 miles
    red colour has leather inside
    owner giving to me for a price of 2700
    its a petrol car and has a tax of 590E per year
    Which of the two cars is best for its value and if i would like to sell it which one would make a better profit

OR
    would this car be better
    Audi A6 2003
    ran 90 miles
    red colour has leather inside
    owner giving to me for a price of 2700
    its a petrol car and has a tax of 590E per year
    Which of the two cars is best for its value and if i would like to sell it which one would make a better profit

Petrol/Diesel??

CJC999 wrote: »
    No one wants petrol cars anymore especially ropey high mileage French cars so unless you plan on keeping it and driving it yourself I'd pass on it.

Thanks I was nearly about to make a loss, no I am not intersted in keeping the cars maybe for 3 months or so but not a year :o

• Advertisement

Petrol/Diesel??

Petrol

Petrol

1.8T is assume at that tax rate? Probably wouldn't be too easily shifted either.

Just noticed your post, red, bluegh, that'd be hard moved in an A6

Anyone know a good car that makes a good amount of profit and its cheap to buy my budget is 3200E
    and I know lol ford and nissan are really bad cars they get depreciated so quickly lol like every day there reduced by a 100

2.0 petrol engines cars are the least saleable cars around, they expensive to run, expensive to tax and so unless your getting it for a grand or thereabouts then don't bother as chances are you'd be stuck with it.

1.8T is assume at that tax rate? Probably wouldn't be too easily shifted either.

Just noticed your post, red, bluegh, that'd be hard moved in an A6

Yeah 1.8
    Its kina purple/violet more of a colour but the leather looks very nice
    So your opinion worth it
    I have seen toyota cars they make a good buck they barely lose their value buts its almost impossible to find a 04 or 05 at a price of 2500-3200

• Advertisement

Anyone know a good car that makes a good amount of profit and its cheap to buy my budget is 3200E
    and I know lol ford and nissan are really bad cars they get depreciated so quickly lol like every day there reduced by a 100

No such thing anymore. With your budget then your working on very small margins and you can't be guaranteed in selling it afterwards. The most desirable cars are small engined cars which are cheap to tax, insure and run.

My advice would be look out for a 2002/03 Yaris or micra for around 2k. Make sure it has a good long NCT and needs nothing, one that needs a good clean/tidying, clean it up and try and make a few hundred profit and then look for another. Don't blow your whole budget on the car as you may need to spend a few quid on it to get it sold.

I bought an 03 micra automatic last year for €2200. I spent around €80 getting it valeted and done nothing else bar top up the oil and sold it in less than a week for 700 profit.

Sorry with this its just that its just that its been 12 years I had a van toyota and went out of the car business/world
    Its another one I saw 1997 engine size PEUGEOT 407 2.0HDI 136BHP
    Its a diesel(took your advice,thanks guys)
    and only run 112,000 miles :)
    What you think

No such thing anymore. With your budget then your working on very small margins and you can't be guaranteed in selling it afterwards. The most desirable cars are small engined cars which are cheap to tax, insure and run.

My advice would be look out for a 2002/03 Yaris or micra for around 2k. Make sure it has a good long NCT and needs nothing, one that needs a good clean/tidying, clean it up and try and make a few hundred profit and then look for another. Don't blow your whole budget on the car as you may need to spend a few quid on it to get it sold.

I bought an 03 micra automatic last year for €2200. I spent around €80 getting it valeted and done nothing else bar top up the oil and sold it in less than a week for 700 profit.
    Wow you know about cars
    Yeah but Aren't nissan and ford bad cars I mean yeah they are popular but they are not that good like compared to peugeot and toyota
    Ok say if i were to take your advice...
    I saw a toyota corrola for 900E yesterday would that be a good starter

BTW was that a diesel car

Advertisement