Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo Yoga Hybrid Laptop 1.9Ghz CPU, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 14" Full HD touchscreen

• 26-11-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I hope you agree with my about this!!

For €369.97 I think this Lenovo Yoga Hybrid is serious value in Curry's PC World - http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/lenovo-yoga-500-14-2-in-1-red/327887/396.0.0

It says €469 in the link but they are advertised in the Store (80 of them in stock in Carrickmines) as clearance stock for €369.97. It was originally €669.99

I had almost pulled the trigger on a more expensive Asus with less processing power and no touchscreen functionality before spotting the Lenovo.

Happy shopping!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If you're happy enough with a crappy processor, go ahead.

I'd be aiming for i3 or i5 is possible. Decent laptop on sale at Amazon deal of the day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

RossieMan wrote: »
    If you're happy enough with a crappy processor, go ahead.

I'd be aiming for i3 or i5 is possible. Decent laptop on sale at Amazon deal of the day today.

That Amazon deal looks well decent alright, works out about €350 once transaction fees etc are taken into account. Hmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

That Amazon deal looks well decent alright, works out about €350 once transaction fees etc are taken into account. Hmmmmmmm.

I bought that one and came up on my online banking statement as €350.90. Pretty sweet deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

RossieMan wrote: »

Can you link to that deal please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link James.

The Deal of the Day G50 is a serious bargain all right but it doesn't meet the criteria I want.

The G50 includes a DVD RW which is obsolete for my purposes, the 15.6" screen is a bit too big (isn't a touchscreen) and it weighs 3.0KG.

The Lenovo only weighs 1.8kg and has a smaller 14" touchscreen which can be used in tent mode.

I'm sure the dual core i3 1.7Ghz processor in the G50 is probably better quality and will handle demanding tasks much better than the N2840 processor in the Lenovo but I value portability more than power in this device as I have a dedicated gaming PC so the Lenovo will primarily be for streaming multi media content, web browsing and MS Office type tasks.

Horses for courses I guess but the main drawback for me on the G50 is the fact there is no screen input. 6 months ago I couldn't imagine using a touchscreen with a PC/laptop but now after the intro of Win 10 I can't imagine not being able to resize screens, swipe applications left and right etc and I think it's only going to become more and more how I interact with the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Thanks for this ....picked one up in jervis just now. While I agree I'd like a newer processor , for this price it's exactly what I need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Is this still available? Can't find it on Amazon...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Nope, was yesterday's daily deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Triboro

Is it only carrickmines?
    Showing out of stock via the link.

• Advertisement

Triboro wrote: »
    Is it only carrickmines?
    Showing out of stock via the link.

Got one earlier in Jervis - they only seem to have them in white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

IMO Windows 10 without a touch screen defeats the purpose of the thing.

Also, in case people are interested there was also an i3 version of this, I think it was 499e

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Also, in case people are interested there was also an i3 version of this, I think it was 499e

the i5 128 GB SSD version is the Black Friday deal of the day at £449 which is circa €638 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015Q297Q4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-3&pf_rd_r=1T6YC53QG1FZQD0QM1C4&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577049067&pf_rd_i=desktop

Advertisement