Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

June 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

No food or water from midnight before the test Alirog, no water during it either! You'll get a voucher for something to eat after it.

Nice one Fifi! The count down is on!

Blueberry I'm jealous of you in NYC, can't wait for LDN though, have picked out so many places I want to eat in..

Went looking around a few shops today girls, feeling very disillusioned with the selection of maternity clothes out there, nothing in my sort of style at all. Going to have to try and get away with bigger sizes in stuff for the most part I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

tfak85 wrote: »
    Blueberry I'm jealous of you in NYC, can't wait for LDN though, have picked out so many places I want to eat in..

Went looking around a few shops today girls, feeling very disillusioned with the selection of maternity clothes out there, nothing in my sort of style at all. Going to have to try and get away with bigger sizes in stuff for the most part I think.

If you like Mexican food go to Wahaca in Covent Garden, it's amazing!! And the Harrods or Selfridges Food Halls are always nice for goodies :) I'm jealous, I much prefer London to NYC, ate all around me last time I was there :)

What shops did you look in? There isn't much selection is there? I just bought a couple of pairs of great skinny maternity jeans and the rest of my wardrobe is loose style tops in my regular size from Penneys, Oasis and Swamp, ones that I can wear afterwards too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Hope you're having a fab time blueberry - I'm jealous!

Allirog - little boy and husband are coming so it'll be our last trip as a family of 3 :) I'm just going to pack dresses, leggings and cardigans and later up!

If you like Mexican food go to Wahaca in Covent Garden, it's amazing!! And the Harrods or Selfridges Food Halls are always nice for goodies :) I'm jealous, I much prefer London to NYC, ate all around me last time I was there :)

What shops did you look in? There isn't much selection is there? I just bought a couple of pairs of great skinny maternity jeans and the rest of my wardrobe is loose style tops in my regular size from Penneys, Oasis and Swamp, ones that I can wear afterwards too.

I do love Mexican, we go to Wahaca every time we go over, this time we are on a ramen mission, can't get good ramen here (total ramen snobs after two Japanese hols)! Not sure that I'll make it to Harrods unfortunately, going to Claridges for afternoon tea though and Lilli Vanilli for cake on Sunday too. I LOVE Selfridges but my absolute haven is Liberty, I just have to go!

I looked in Topshop (the best selection), H&M, New Look, Pennys and Mothercare. I'll be in Cos again tomorrow, I'd love to find a nice top or two to go with jeans, got some Dr Denims from a friend that are wonderfully stretchy, might get maternity jeans in another month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Fifi I checked my app and I have 98 days :eek: aahhhhh!!!! I'm 26 weeks today so only 14 to go! :D

I am living for 4 o clock to get home and enjoy my days off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Ooooh can any of you you cosmopolitan foodies recommend a nice Italian in London? Going at Easter time, been once before but don't remember it that well. Also any nice spots for afternoon coffee/lunches?

Allirog i've 91 days, can't believe i went under 100 without noticing. Third trimester today happy days!

I'm still wearing normal jeans - a size up that i had kept from a time when i was heavier and they close under the bump. I have maternity jeans too but i don't find them as comfortable, the best brand of my collection (Penneys, Debenhams, Next & New Look) are Mammalicious. Tops i'm mostly in maternity although i do love Vero Moda long sleeve basic tops, they're brilliant for work with just a long cardigan which i have in a multitude of colours from Penneys over the years.

We went to a nice Italian near enough Leicester Sq/Covent Garden before, oddly enough, I think it might be a chain place, I'll find out the name and post it. It's called Rossopomodoro, it is a chain, in a tourist area, though I was very pleasantly surprised!

I recommend Zedels, just off Regent St at the Piccadilly Circus end, it's a 1930's theme French Restaurant, the interior is all Art Deco, absolutely incredible and the food is delicious!

For lunch my favourite place is Leon, there are a few of them around, you may have seen the cook books for sale here too, one is beside Liberty, another must visit spot!

There are many wonderful cake spots too! Enjoy your trip, are you going to make it to a show?!?!? We wont make it to one this time but we'll be spending enough money as it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Not sure about an Italian restaurant but I highly recommend the Clos Maggiore restaurant in Covent Garden. We managed to get a set menu on a Sunday evening and it was fab. A real treat at half the Al la carte prices. The set menu is available at other times also.
    Www.closmaggiore.com

Enjoy the trip away!!!

By the way I reckon you would need to pre book this.

Ah girls ye're great thanks for those recommendations! We won't go hungry anyhow! I'm not sure about a show yet either tfak85, might just leave it til we're there and try for last minute tickets. We're not too fussed, i'm already getting uncomfortable sitting for long periods and we're not going for another month so i'm going to see if i think i'm able for it by then.

You's are making me well jell of your trips to London. I absolutely love that city!! But I'm off to a nice hotel for a few nights next week so that'll have to do :D

Ladies does anyone know if M&S has maternity swimwear in store?

• Advertisement

Allirog wrote: »
    You's are making me well jell of your trips to London. I absolutely love that city!! But I'm off to a nice hotel for a few nights next week so that'll have to do :D

Ladies does anyone know if M&S has maternity swimwear in store?

I could never find any when I looked there but that was last time I found it really hard to get a maternity swimsuit but I did get one in mamas and papas in the end. I know Mothercare have loads of maternity swimsuits in at the moment too.

I never Thought of mothercare. I might need to make a trip to Liffey valley :)

I never Thought of mothercare. I might need to make a trip to Liffey valley :)

I was in Carrickmines last week and they had loads anyway :) I noticed because I was annoyed it was so hard for me to find one last time!

I got a Mamas and Papas one on my 1st and it's done me the 3 pregnancies. By the time i needed it on him it was the middle of Winter so they weren't that plentiful, this is a better time of year to get them i'd imagine.

Yeah, even though I'm pregnant at almost exactly the same time of year this time around I think it was earlier in the year I was looking. I needed them for Aquafit classes

I just happened to be in tesco there and they had some nice swim suits so I just got a bigger size so I'll see how that fits. I don't ever swim or anything so it's literally just for next week I want it really

Hopefully that will do the job :) is it today your GD test is?

I had my antenatal app with my doctor this morning. All is well although he told me my bp is still low and I look tired and pale. I am tired all the time but what can you do! Trying to take it easy today anyway. He signed my form to say I was fit to fly anyway so maybe the little break will help.

He also gave me another 3 week prescription for the hyperemesis drugs. He does not like giving drugs to pregnant women but as my consultant had prescribed them he was ok doing it. The drugstore actually over the counter in Portugal so I'm hoping I can get some and save myself some money. They're costing me over €100 a month at the moment and it's adding up.

Yea I had the GTT this morning so I'm anxiously awaiting the phone call. But I'm assuming if I don't get one today then everything is ok!!

Glad the doc would prescribe the meds for you! But yea it's crazy how expensive they are. We max out the €144 every month and it's so frustrating.

Are you off to Lisbon this weekend? Hope you have a great time!!! :D

The annoying thing is I was spending €200 plus on them a couple of months ago, plus the other type of drugs I was taking and my husbands cholesterol meds and I still had to pay it as the drug payment scheme doesn't cover these drugs as they're not licenced for pregnant women. I've spent a fortune in the last 6 months!

Fingers crossed that the news from the test is good :)

Yep, off in the morning so getting ourselves packed etc today. We've to get up well before the crack of dawn and it's so much harder with a toddler!

Hope you don't get a call Allirog.

Woshy have a great time. It'll be well worth the early start when you get there!

• Advertisement

Oh Woshy that's so annoying! How frustrating!!! Least you'll have your baby soon and the drugs will stop then! Can you claim back on your Med 1 for them?

Oh girls I really, really hope I don't get that call!! I'll assume by 5 o clock if I've heard nothing then all is good :D

Oh girls I really, really hope I don't get that call!! I'll assume by 5 o clock if I've heard nothing then all is good :D

I assume she didn't do the pin prick. It's a shame, mine did the pin prick so while it's not totally accurate at least she was able tell me how it was looking so i knew going home i was in the clear. I didn't even think of it again for the day. But not long til 5o'c now so it's looking good. And you know what some people say getting a positve GTT isn't the worst thing in the world i've read on here even that some girls say it stopped them gaining any more weight and baby was perfect at the end of it so take heart. It kind of half crossed my mind that it'd be the kick up the rear end that i could do with, i eat a lot of junk :o

No they didn't finger prick at all, they could hardly get a vein. I was prodded and poked and eventually had the 3 tests taken from my hands so I'm destroyed in needle pricks, just hope I don't bruise too much now :D

I take it no news is good news Allirog?! I just baked a coconut and lime cake and luckily we're going somewhere for dinner tonight with it or I'd be in danger of GD myself :D

I bought a pack of those massive green maternity pads at the chemist this afternoon to go in my hospital bag. I asked my husband to bring them upstairs and the look in his face was priceless! He wanted to know why I needed mattresses for after the baby is born. He was horrified! I don't know why - he's been through it all once before! They are particularly unsexy though :)

No phone call so I'm assuming all went well, Woohoo!!!! I'm absolutely thrilled to bits! And I have a family event on Sunday so I'm going to bake for it :D

Haha we were in tesco last weekend and I pointed then out to my oh and told him he'd have to buy me them and he couldn't understand why I wouldn't buy them now :pac:

That's great Allirog! My cake went down well tonight so I recommend it! It was made with condensed milk so I got it from the Carnation website :)

I didn't bother buying the massive green ones last time, just the Tesco maternity pads (which were grand for after the birth) but my waters broke at home so I could have done with them then. They gave me them when I got to the hospital but they were needed for the journey instead of the Tesco ones! I'm covering all bases this time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Found the massive green maternity pads a godsend last time. Had only picked up one pack initially and just planned on using always night after but I haemorrhaged after delivery and ended up going through loads of them. The midwives just gave me more. Ended up needing them for the first week or so before moving onto to the less horrendous looking ones!!!

The cake sounds delicious Woshy! Must take a look at the carnation website.

It was really good Roesy, and so easy to make!

Childbirth is a wonderful but gross thing at the same time - the big green maternity pads are definitely evidence for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I'm really looking forward to it!

@angeldelight I'm with you on that too :)

@woshy I'll have to look at the website although I know I've gotten a few recipes from it before. I might make a banoffee for tomorrow too. Going to make mini Victoria sponge cakes :D have a great weekend away! Enjoy your time and relax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

hi everyone.. hope everyone is doing well haven't been on here in so long. loads has happened since my last visit first thing is we moved house which I'm thrilled with love it and atleast we are settled before baba arrives.. but the main thing is we found out on our last scan that after having my 2 gorgeous boys plus my partners little mad hatter we are finally going to b blessed with a little woman absolutely over the moon altho with 3 big brothers god help her :) on another note the doctor at d scan was worried about her size as she is measuring a little under weight for her weeks and has decided to bring me bk in for another scan after 3 weeks.. had the same prob with my first born and ended up in and out for scans every week for the last few months :( where as at my doctors this week he thinks I'm actually a week ahead of my hosp dates which wud make me 29weeks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That's great news about the little girl! She'll have plenty of people looking out for her anyway when she's growing up! Hopefully the repeat scan shows there's nothing to worry about

That's great news missymad, Id say ye are delighted :)

How's everyone doing? All good here! It's so nice having time off and no alarm to adhere to although I was woken by grumbles in my belly begging for breakfast :D

Missymad that's great news that you're having a little girl to balance the numbers in your family, congrats x I hope the weight thing sorts itself out, i was measuring 2 weeks ahead at 2 appointments 6 & 3 weeks ago. And today i was told i was measuring a little behind - oh please make your minds up LOL :rolleyes:

Allirog yay on not having GD, delighted for you. Enjoy your week off and your few days away xx

Anyone else find baby really strong these days, i'm getting nauseous from some of the movements they're so strong now but loving it as well :D

• Advertisement

Ariana I was just texting a friend of mine this morning who lives abroad and I was telling her the baby is definitely getting stronger because the daily assault im dealing with is on the increase :D but like you, I am absolutely loving it :)

Ariana I was just texting a friend of mine this morning who lives abroad and I was telling her the baby is definitely getting stronger because the daily assault im dealing with is on the increase :D but like you, I am absolutely loving it :)

The funny thing is we'll miss that daily assault afterwards, i know i did on the others, i felt a little bit sad that i had to share my baby with the world all of a sudden, up to that point it's such a hugely private thing to be carrying a baby, not to mention amazing to think of this little being growing away inside you, every time i think about it i get blown away, even now on #3 ;)

Aww, that's lovely :D little miss is nowhere near as active as her brother was so sometimes I wish she was a bit stronger in her movements. His were really sudden and severe whereas she seems more chilled and the movements are more gradual and gentler. It's still uncomfortable when her feet start to stick out!

Missymad, that's wonderful news. You must be thrilled to be having a girl. I know we were so excited when we found out after already having a boy :)

Lisbon is fab girls - husband is off talking at his conference and I'm in the hotel room waiting for little Mr Woshy to wake up so we can go shopping :) it's definitely not the same being on a city break when you're 6.5 months pregnant, I can't walk nearly as much but we've still had a lovely time. Some aspects of Lisbon really remind me of Dublin and the people is one of them. They are so friendly and people are insisting on helping us with the buggy loads and practically forcing me into their seats on the metro as well as going out of their way to show us where elevators are etc. We've found in some European cities the people aren't as baba/pregnant lady friendly as home but the people here are lovely. Makes life a lot easier!

ariana` wrote: »
    The funny thing is we'll miss that daily assault afterwards, i know i did on the others, i felt a little bit sad that i had to share my baby with the world all of a sudden, up to that point it's such a hugely private thing to be carrying a baby, not to mention amazing to think of this little being growing away inside you, every time i think about it i get blown away, even now on #3 ;)
    That's what I've been thinking too. As much as I want to meet him/her, I'm not sure how I'll feel about having to share :D and I'm very lucky in my pregnancy that I haven't suffered too much so I'm enjoying every moment that I can. This pregnancy is a miracle for me so kick away little monster. Kick to your hearts content :D

@woshy, Lisbon sounds just delightful. Glad you guys are having a great time :) we're off to cork on Thursday and I cannot wait :)

You should call the baby Miracle if it's a girl Allirog - then she'd totally become a stripper :D

Cork will be lovely, just a change of scenery does you the world of good I think. Enjoy your last few months together baba free too because going away with a ba a is definitely very different. Our little boy is firmly in charge here )

• Advertisement

She'd be totally living the dream :pac:

Yea we are SOOO looking forward to it. Just the 2 of us for a few days of pure relaxation. I'll be packing the swimwear and hopefully we won't have to leave the hotel till its check out time :D

Aw girls i love all the happy positive posts from ye! Woshy delighted to hear you're having a good time. I hear you on junior being in charge, they do take over but then they add so much as well. Will ye get a night away yourselves without junior before your little lady arrives? We've a night booked in May, 3 weeks before D-day, we'll be going to a really nice hotel (not too far from the hospital!), we wouldn't normally splash out on a really fancy hotels so i'll be looking forward too it :)

Allirog the break away will be lush and the next few weeks/months of your pregnancy too, it's such a lovely special time for a couple i think before the 1st baby arrives and ye become a real proper little family, the excitement & anticipation of the journey ahead. It's a bit more hectic on subsequent arrivals and there's less time to savour it but of course it's still always special. I feel a little sad this time because i know it's definitely the last and i have to admit i love being pregnant :o

Life certainly does change when they arrive :) our 16 month old definitely is the boss of this house! It's lovely, she's so excited to see me when she gets home in the evening and is so full of fun. I'm not looking forward to turning her little world upside down with the new arrival but am looking forward to double the fun once the newborn stage is over.

I enjoy being pregnant to a certain extent. I could do without the niggling worry in the back of my mind and the horrible pelvic pain this time round though. Got signed off work for the week this week because of it to give it a chance to rest. I find the movements odd but reassuring. I wasn't that big last time round but remember myself and my husband watching in fascination one evening as her bum or head protruded and moved down my side. It was uncomfortable as hell but amazing to see. I'm a little bigger this time but I'm tall and have a long torso so it seems to take longer if ever for me to get to that squashed stage. The littlest breakdancer is more active than its big sister already and yesterday it felt like there was furniture being moved around in there.

Ariana, there's enough negativity around the place without adding to it with something so special and precious isn't there? I'm just looking at the bigger picture. Although I didn't enjoy the early days, I can honestly say I feel that in the last maybe 4-6 weeks and maybe that's just movement related, that I am understanding it more and enjoying it. Although like you just said Roesy, there is always that niggling worry isn't there?

We had a quiet day there one day last week where there was very little movement and no matter what I did I couldn't get anything but then I got a few punches after a cold drink! We have a Doppler here as well so it was a case of oh crap what if we can't hear anything. Thankfully we did but you automatically think the worst!

Roesy, I hear Ya with the pelvic pain. Are you going to physio or anything? I was meant to pop into physio when I was in the hospital on Friday but I completely forgot. I'm back next week so I'll say it to the doctor then. But I really hope you enjoy your week off as best you can and the rest helps!

ariana` wrote: »
    Aw girls i love all the happy positive posts from ye! Woshy delighted to hear you're having a good time. I hear you on junior being in charge, they do take over but then they add so much as well. Will ye get a night away yourselves without junior before your little lady arrives? We've a night booked in May, 3 weeks before D-day, we'll be going to a really nice hotel (not too far from the hospital!), we wouldn't normally splash out on a really fancy hotels so i'll be looking forward too it :)

Allirog the break away will be lush and the next few weeks/months of your pregnancy too, it's such a lovely special time for a couple i think before the 1st baby arrives and ye become a real proper little family, the excitement & anticipation of the journey ahead. It's a bit more hectic on subsequent arrivals and there's less time to savour it but of course it's still always special. I feel a little sad this time because i know it's definitely the last and i have to admit i love being pregnant :o

It's my husband's birthday next month so we're planning a night away in a hotel just the two of us. Somewhere with a pool that I can just waddle down for dinner! Your trip sounds lovely - a real treat. My little boy has been so good the last few days, he's a pleasure to travel with but it will be nice to have some time just the two of us.

I can't say I love being pregnant, given how tough the first half is for me but like you Ariana this is my last time being pregnant so I'm trying to savour it and enjoy everything that goes with it. I also know just how worth it it is - my little boy is just the best thing :)

Ariana, there's enough negativity around the place without adding to it with something so special and precious isn't there? I'm just looking at the bigger picture. Although I didn't enjoy the early days, I can honestly say I feel that in the last maybe 4-6 weeks and maybe that's just movement related, that I am understanding it more and enjoying it. Although like you just said Roesy, there is always that niggling worry isn't there?

We had a quiet day there one day last week where there was very little movement and no matter what I did I couldn't get anything but then I got a few punches after a cold drink! We have a Doppler here as well so it was a case of oh crap what if we can't hear anything. Thankfully we did but you automatically think the worst!

Roesy, I hear Ya with the pelvic pain. Are you going to physio or anything? I was meant to pop into physio when I was in the hospital on Friday but I completely forgot. I'm back next week so I'll say it to the doctor then. But I really hope you enjoy your week off as best you can and the rest helps!

I didn't really suffer from it last time. This time it kicked in from about week 8! The Dr today reckoned it was to do with my height and being pregnant again less than a year after having my little girl. I've been seeing a Physio on and off since about week 10. I've also been doing pregnancy Pilates which was somewhat keeping it in check. I have a support belt too that I can wear for standing activities.

Woshy wrote: »
    It's my husband's birthday next month so we're planning a night away in a hotel just the two of us. Somewhere with a pool that I can just waddle down for dinner! Your trip sounds lovely - a real treat. My little boy has been so good the last few days, he's a pleasure to travel with but it will be nice to have some time just the two of us.

I can't say I love being pregnant, given how tough the first half is for me but like you Ariana this is my last time being pregnant so I'm trying to savour it and enjoy everything that goes with it. I also know just how worth it it is - my little boy is just the best thing :)

The early days of pregnancy with the tiredness and vomiting are fairly rubbish alright. Don't know how I'd cope with hypermesis!

We haven't decided if this will be our last baby so that thought is in the back of my mind too. Even though my husband is already 'joking' about no.3!

You could be like my friend - she's pregnant with number 3 and recently found out it's twins so she's getting an unexpected 4th baba! There's been shock all round :)

Yeah, the hyperemesis was pretty tough and definitely has taken a toll on my overall health. I've been advised another pregnancy is probably not the best idea for me so I think I'll be sending Mr Woshy off to be "fixed" fairly soon :D I can't imagine what I would do being hospitalised and bedridden for two/three months with two babies already at home

in saying that, although the hyperemesis is hard I never got pelvic pain or particularly bad backache, and I seem to be ok so far so I guess we all just have pregnancy things that are hard. I don't envy you suffering from pain there and needing to see a physio - it's not a nice place to be sore in!

Woshy i really wouldn't survive HG, i'm a desperate patient, I've been so lucky (touch wood) so far i've never had any morning sickness - just nausea & tiredness - and i do get an achey back in the evening time but really it's all very manageable, nothing like the pelvic pain some of you describe. I hope i don't have to pay for having an easy pregnancy by having a difficult birth or difficult new born period, yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

So it sounds like a good few of us are managing to fit in a mini-break before our lives are turned upside down in June! My hubby and I are off to Edinburgh this weekend for 3 nights and I can't wait! We got married there almost 3 years ago and haven't been back since due to living in Oz. So it's kind of an early anniversary trip away and a bit of a baby-moon :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement