Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safe hair colouring while pregnant

Options
  • 11-12-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Im 5 weeks pregnant and due to have my hair done before christmas. My hair colour is blonde and my hairdresser uses a peroxide in the colour normally. Just wondering is there any colours out there that are safe to use. Ive no idea what to do about these roots , help !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Dee82 wrote: »
    Im 5 weeks pregnant and due to have my hair done before christmas. My hair colour is blonde and my hairdresser uses a peroxide in the colour normally. Just wondering is there any colours out there that are safe to use. Ive no idea what to do about these roots , help !!!!

There is hair colours you can get with no ammonia(or peroxide, god I can't remember!!!) Anyway, there are some that are available that are safe while pregnant. Ask in your localk salon services or if you're getting your hair done in a salon, call them and ask them to get one in for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dee82

Thank you 😀 I will call them and ask. I don't think I can cope with not getting my hair done over the Christmas lol .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

I spoke to my hairdresser about this and she was pregnant at the time. She said that she is working with the stuff all day and she has 5 kids.

I asked her if she would do a pregnant womans hair and she said yes that she never had an issue with it.

Some people are totally against it. I read somewhere that the colour might take slightly differently.

I got my hair dyed on my first baby but it was brown at that time. Now its blonde. Im gonna get it done but just drag it out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dee82

Saralee4 wrote: »
    I spoke to my hairdresser about this and she was pregnant at the time. She said that she is working with the stuff all day and she has 5 kids.

I asked her if she would do a pregnant womans hair and she said yes that she never had an issue with it.

Some people are totally against it. I read somewhere that the colour might take slightly differently.

I got my hair dyed on my first baby but it was brown at that time. Now its blonde. Im gonna get it done but just drag it out more.

Thanks. I did read that particularly in your first trimester its best not to colour hair as baby is more likely to absorb chemicals. But I don't know how true this is! I also read it's better to get highlights as colour is not directly on scalp. All this is very new to me as this is my first baby. So I obviously want to do the safest thing. But it seems to have worked for you and your hairdresser which is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Dee82 wrote: »

When I was pregnant I was worried, so I did the Aveda colour. There are only a few salons that do it, but I just wanted piece of mind. However, I go darker so I am not sure what they use to lighten hair

• Advertisement
Advertisement