Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant not granted in 2013. Applying this year?

Options
  • 29-07-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Hi. My son applied for a grant in 2013 but it was refused. Circumstances have changed since and also my daughter is starting a course in September.
    Is my son eligible to apply for a grant this year given that he was refused in 2013 and he is still doing the same course (going into 3rd year). Got confused when looking at the questions on the application form about having applied for a grant previously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

gypsylee wrote: »
    Hi. My son applied for a grant in 2013 but it was refused. Circumstances have changed since and also my daughter is starting a course in September.
    Is my son eligible to apply for a grant this year given that he was refused in 2013 and he is still doing the same course (going into 3rd year). Got confused when looking at the questions on the application form about having applied for a grant previously.

You should apply for the grant as there will be allowances for your daughter attending this year and your circumstances have changed.
    As long as you son has progressed from any previous year already attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Thanks for your reply. Filled in applications for both of them last night so fingers crossed.

Advertisement