Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Susi Documents question

• 24-07-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all
    I got the letter from Susi today asking for documents for my grant application to go through.

I can manage to get everything except for one or two documents. It is evidence of Independent Residence (A14a) for 2014 not later than October.

They ask for

A letter confirming that this address is registered with PRTB
    A local Authority Lease Agreement
    A letter confirming the receipt and period of rent or Mortgage Supplement
    A utility bill in your own name(mobile phone not accepted)
    Official Documentation posted to you at this address and relating to your residence there. For example, a letter from the department of social protection confirming rent allowance at this address(we do not accept bank statements alone for this purpose)

Documentation relating to an address that is merely a corrsepondance address is not sufficient - documentation must be connected with your residence at that address.

Unfortunately I have none of those for 2014. I didn't have any bills in my name and don't have anything else they are asking for. I have a few slips from the cheques I received for rent allowance for 2015 but it is not a letter confirming as stated in criteria, it does have my address on it though.

I have nothing before October 2014 to proove independent residence under their criteria. Can anyone help me as to what kind of documents will help that? Will I print up statements showing rent paid from my bank account? I have some pay slips from 2014 with my address on it. I really. Don't know what to do in this situation and I know they are strict about this stuff.

Any help at all is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

stephen.87 wrote: »
    I have a few slips from the cheques I received for rent allowance for 2015 but it is not a letter confirming as stated in criteria, it does have my address on it though.

If you were in receipt of Rent Allowance from October 2014, a statement from the DSP would be sufficient evidence of Independent Residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Sup08 wrote: »
    If you were in receipt of Rent Allowance from October 2014, a statement from the DSP would be sufficient evidence of Independent Residence.

I started receiving it in 2015 I think they back dated it to Dec 2014

Why did the DSP only back date it to December?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Sup08 wrote: »
    Why did the DSP only back date it to December?
    I didn't become unemployed until December

stephen.87 wrote: »
    I didn't become unemployed until December

Then you maybe able to show that the DSP approved you for rent allowance at the same address as an independent and you may be able to show SUSI history of residence through some older documents to the same address.

I think the Student Grants Appeals Board (SGAB) would often agree with this type of proof.

• Advertisement
Advertisement