Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Btea days short on qualifying

Options
  • 17-07-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've Just been told that I'm 25days short on the required time on a social welfare payment to receive back to education allowance.

I really need this payment and is my only hope to return to education.

25 days short based on a 6 day week or 12days short on a 7 day.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Is there any discretion on this or should just not bother fighting for it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Hi,

I will have to apply for BTEA as well and I was thinking when should I do that.
    Was thinking it would be better for me to wait 2 or 3 weeks until I'll be meeting the qualifying period.
    Could you tell me when you started to get your payment and when you applied to BTEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

Hi there call into your social welfare office and ask them to look at your file, if you were on illness benefit/ the sick or a fas scheme / ce scheme these would count as days also, all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

I have already applied and so have a couple of people I know. The SW asked when your course is starting and work out how many days you will have then, based on a 6 day week.

elleelle19 wrote: »
    I have already applied and so have a couple of people I know. The SW asked when your course is starting and work out how many days you will have then, based on a 6 day week.

Ah, that's awesome, did they asked you for a meeting with a SW officer ?
    Sorry if I put too many questions, thanks a lot and good luck with your course !

I haven't heard anything from them yet, just handed in the completed application and they said the deciding officer would be in touch if they had any questions.

My friend is in a different SW office and he sat down with someone when he dropped it in and they went through the form and then said it all looked good and should be approved. Didn't really ask him anything though, just queried a couple of dates.

• Advertisement

I understand,
    Thanks for your reply, btw when I apply do I drop the form to reception or I have to post it or .. ?

Go to your SW office, tell them you want to apply for BTEA and that you have the form filled out and see what they say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Niaveee

Just heard back today application was refused. Seem to be very strict on meeting the qualifying period

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that, try and appeal it, they may still accept it in some exceptional cases. They called you or sent u a letter? I hope to hear a positive answer from them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 PaulRyan17

Hi Niaveee,

Out of curiousity, how long did it take them to reply to you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement