Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuck with grant need help.

• 14-07-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭

Hi all so im at the Income part one stage of the process and my father was speaking to his accountant who deals with grants for other people. He stated that you can submit the grant with out the income part filled in. But Im after playing around with it and it's not possible.

Iv'e told my dad that we should take an educated guess at this part so I could continue it and get it finished. Is this a wise choice??? What should I do? Im really stuck and this is the first time iv'e done this... Very worried.. :(

Please help

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

job seeker wrote: »
    Hi all so im at the Income part one stage of the process and my father was speaking to his accountant who deals with grants for other people. He stated that you can submit the grant with out the income part filled in. But Im after playing around with it and it's not possible.

Iv'e told my dad that we should take an educated guess at this part so I could continue it and get it finished. Is this a wise choice??? What should I do? Im really stuck and this is the first time iv'e done this... Very worried.. :(

Please help

thanks

Just put in 1 euro for every field that is required and the accounts can be submitted when requested. AFAIK This is quite common for self employed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Sup08 wrote: »
    Just put in 1 euro for every field that is required and the accounts can be submitted when requested. AFAIK This is quite common for self employed people.

Ya he is self employed indeed.. So this in turn then will get susi to seek out the documents of the accounts.. whether be it a photo copy or what ever? and is it acceptable, it's just I haven't been able to find another thread on boards in which has the this same issue as me..

Thanks a million for the reply.

Ya he is self employed indeed.. So this in turn then will get susi to seek out the documents of the accounts.. whether be it a photo copy or what ever? and is it acceptable, it's just I haven't been able to find another thread on boards in which has the this same issue as me..

Thanks a million for the reply.

All documents submitted to SUSI should only be copies of the originals, they may not return originals if submitted.

All documents submitted to SUSI should only be copies of the originals, they may not return originals if submitted.

Ah I see. That's okay.. But I'm just a bit concerned that this may not work or something similar. But I think I'm worried because its the first time trying to get the grant.. Also I'm surprised that Susi haven't stated anywhere on their website that its alright to put 1euro in for the income section and for them to later seek copys pf documentation..?

Ah I see. That's okay.. But I'm just a bit concerned that this may not work or something similar. But I think I'm worried because its the first time trying to get the grant.. Also I'm surprised that Susi haven't stated anywhere on their website that its alright to put 1euro in for the income section and for them to later seek copys pf documentation..?

It would be best to put as close to the amount you think maybe your actual income, but there are certain add-backs that SUSI do not allow on self-employed/rental income.

On your first application and where there is self employment/self assessment reckonable income, copies documents are always requested.

• Advertisement

It would be best to put as close to the amount you think maybe your actual income, but there are certain add-backs that SUSI do not allow on self-employed/rental income.

On your first application and where there is self employment/self assessment reckonable income, copies documents are always requested.

Aw so what your saying is...that regardless of what I put in Susi will ask for copys of the income..thus correcting the mistake but I should try an get as close as possible

Aw so what your saying is...that regardless of what I put in Susi will ask for copys of the income..thus correcting the mistake but I should try an get as close as possible

Yes. :)

Ha ya I sometimes have to do that just so I understand it... thanks for all the help. Would it be okay if I kept you up to date with this process..

Ha ya I sometimes have to do that just so I understand it... thanks for all the help. Would it be okay if I kept you up to date with this process..

Of course, it may help another member of boards with their application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Thanks for posting this question. I am waiting on the accountant to get back to me with figures for 2014. Will insert approximate figures now and submit the application before the deadline of the 1st of August.

• Advertisement

I actually got back yesterday with figures for my dads income and mothers social welfare from the accountant. So done it last night. But as mention by sup08 already the accountant stated not to be toworried as Susi will most definitely look for photo copys ect. so hope it helps... Now I have to do my younger brothers grant application.. :o

Just one Q. Is it just the grant application that has to be in by the 1st or does the bank account, FSA form etc. have to be filled up aswell before the 1st?

Just one Q. Is it just the grant application that has to be in by the 1st or does the bank account, FSA form etc. have to be filled up aswell before the 1st?

Your application must be submitted 100% before the 1st.

Your application must be submitted 100% before the 1st.

Ya I did submit the application. But the FCA etc.is a separate heading. Il try and get a screen shot..

Ya I did submit the application. But the FCA etc.is a separate heading. Il try and get a screen shot..

Ya just called Susi they said not to bother her until they ask for it. As I have the application in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The FCA is at the very end of the process

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement