Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Final Letter

Options
  • 23-07-2015 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Does anybody know how long roughly SUSI will inform people if they are eligible for the grant after the CAO offers are out and a course has been accepted by the student? I am aware they will automatically know if you have accepted a course through the CAO, but how long then until they will let you know if you are eligible or not? I sent off additional documentation that was requested and was my assessment is 100% completed. Will it be a few days or a few weeks?? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

After my Leaving Cert last year I found out that I was eligible for the grant after about 2 weeks after the results came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tanya234

Thanks! I should have said I'm applying as a mature student so I wont be waiting on results. But its probably the same length of time..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Tanya234 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long roughly SUSI will inform people if they are eligible for the grant after the CAO offers are out and a course has been accepted by the student? I am aware they will automatically know if you have accepted a course through the CAO, but how long then until they will let you know if you are eligible or not? I sent off additional documentation that was requested and was my assessment is 100% completed. Will it be a few days or a few weeks?? Thanks in advance.

CAO applicants are provisionally awarded before the CAO results are out if fully assessed.
    This is updated on the applicants tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

I got my letter today and applied the day applications opened if that's any good to you

Thanks Banaba! I applied the day applications opened also. Haven'e been home yet to check the post but hopefully I will have it soon. When you log onto your susi account online does it tell you?

• Advertisement

yep I logged in earlier its highlighted in yellow down the bottom! good luck, they made a mess of time... typical

Thanks! All thats highlighted in yellow at the bottom of mine is "Application queued for final assessment" Its like that for a month now. So annoying how slow it is. I've sent so many emails trying to get it sped up...No joy.

they are hopeless..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jaydow15

Dont be surprised if they look for additional documentation. I got asked for prpof that I lived in the state 3 out of the last 5 years and I applied on the 24th April

jaydow15 wrote: »
    Dont be surprised if they look for additional documentation. I got asked for prpof that I lived in the state 3 out of the last 5 years and I applied on the 24th April

They asked me for the same documentation. But that was the 7th of July. My online application states it was received back a week later. I sent a few emails too just to be sure I wasn't missing anymore documentation and they assured me I am not. Just a case of waiting for them to get around to it.. I know they have a lot of applications to get through but I start college in 4 weeks and would like to know if I'll eligible for free fees or not so I can sort out a loan etc.. Frustrating

• Advertisement
Advertisement