Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mage question

Options
  • 27-04-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I just started leveling a mage (lvl 10) and have got to the stage where I gotta pick a specialization, any recommendation?

I picked frost cause I figure slowing mobs down with spells and the water elemental will make leveling easier

Only thing is is the sound the water elemental makes is driving me insane, any way to shut him up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

CTRL+S

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Frost is best.
    Fire is Ok.
    Arcane is poop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Frost is amazing, i would go with Ice barrier at level 30, makes leveling a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Definitly frost for levelling, although with the changes to levelling in the last while you could realisticly go with any spec and not suffer downtime due to mana constraints.

I think Frost however provides a bit more survivability and AOE potential.

I'd stick with frost up until max, and bring in Arcane or Fire as a secondary. Frost was actually king the last while in terms of raiding, but all three specs tend to be viable in waves. It's a class heavily dependant on scaling at end game, so wouldn't hurt to get comfortable with all three before 90 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

go with frost all the way it is really easy to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I just started leveling a mage (lvl 10) and have got to the stage where I gotta pick a specialization, any recommendation?

I picked frost cause I figure slowing mobs down with spells and the water elemental will make leveling easier

Only thing is is the sound the water elemental makes is driving me insane, any way to shut him up?

There is a glyph that changes how the elemental looks, obtain and use the glyph as soon as you unlock a minor glyph slot, glyphs can be purchased from the auction house, I'm pretty certain using this glyph removes the annoying sound, along with making it look cooler :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2605-frost-mage-leveling-guide-1-to-90/

Frost is very fun for levelling, a nice mix of survivability and utility, with strong dps output.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

KGLady wrote: »
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2605-frost-mage-leveling-guide-1-to-90/

Frost is very fun for levelling, a nice mix of survivability and utility, with strong dps output.

Everyone needs to level a frost Mage with water elemental and mr chilli. Back when I leveled my crappy mage this is how I rolled we were like the adventure buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Frost is the bane of most people's lives in PvP. Not sure how it fares in PvE these days, but it seems to be quite a long way ahead of both Fire and Arcane.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Frost is the bane of most people's lives in PvP. Not sure how it fares in PvE these days, but it seems to be quite a long way ahead of both Fire and Arcane.

Frost is the highest DPS output in end game at the moment. And I can see why. You get spammed with fingers of frost and you can burn enemies down very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Vicxas wrote: »
    Frost is the highest DPS output in end game at the moment. And I can see why. You get spammed with fingers of frost and you can burn enemies down very quickly.

Have a mage myself that i got with the WoD order, more of a hunter player at the moment myself. Might try it out.

Advertisement